Maybe... Just maybe, we can do it.

Hey guys!
So here is another chapter. I listened to two wings while writing this chapter.
They were: -perfect - one direction cover.
-She will be loved by Maroon 5.

These songs just gave me the feels😍

Thank you so much for reading! ❤️❤️❤️

CHAPTER 14

Amethyst's P.O.V

NEXT DAY.

I sit on the porch of my house, cross legged, taking in the scent of spring. I put the book I had been reading down and stared up at the blue and clear sky.I close my eyes and inhale, then exhale. I feel a gush of slight wind push me, taking strands of my free hair with it. I felt the empty part of my soul being filled. I felt my heart rate quicken.
The need for him rising.

'He's here,' Melody breathed.

I opened my eyes quickly, being greeted by the presence of my Mate. He stood at the end of the pathway, looking at me intently.
His eyes were locked with mine, filled with a mixture of emotions. Need. Lust. Regret. Love. Care.

I was too concentrated on him to realise I had stood up and began walking to him. My pace quickened and I was speed walking.
His legs began moving and soon we reached each other. I was only one step away from him, when we both stopped.
My eyes didn't leave his. We stared at each other for what felt like forever. Nothing around us mattered.
I closed the gap between us and through my arms around his neck. His arms went around my waist and we hugged each other tightly.

"I missed you so much," he whispered in the ear, sending shivers down my spine.
"I need you," I unknowingly whispered.
He let out a soft groan. "Please, Nate." I pleaded. He pulled away from me and without giving me a chance to say anything, he crashed his lips onto mine. I didn't respond for a little but quickly ignored the surprise.
I moved my lips against his in sync. Those plump, beautiful and very familiar lips.

We both pulled back panting. His eyes searched mine and I could tell he wanted to. Something held him back, though.
"Let's go inside," he tried to sound calm. I nodded. We went up the path and inside the house. We sat in the living room and were silent for a few minutes before he spoke.

"How have things been?" He asked with a smile. I turned to face him. "Good. How are you?" I asked him.
"I'm better now," he smiled and put his hand on my knee. "How's our son?" He asked, moving his hand to my stomach. His trails left tingles on my body.
"He's good. The appointment went well," I out my hand over his. "Good," he said, looking at our hands.
I remembered something from the previous day.

"Nate?" I asked. He looked up. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it. "Are you going to leave?" My voice cracked. He looked sad, as if he knew what I was talking about. "You know," he stated.
"Yeah. Mary told me," I explained. He nodded.

"I'm Beta, Amy." He said. "I need to be with my pack," his voice softened. I closed my eyes and let the tears flow down.
"Don't cry. Please," he pulled me into a hug. I put my arms around him.
"Baby, I want to stay. I really do." He whispered. "But I can't." His words hit my heart.

"The only option is for you to either stay here or come with me." He pulled away from me, but kept a hand on my shoulder. I shook my head. "I can't come," I said. "That isn't an option." I told him.
"Why not?" He asked, surprising me. I widened my eyes. "What do you mean 'why not?'" I asked.

"Your pack had put me and my family through so much! Me moving with you would mean I'm over it. That I forgive them.
But I don't. I will never forgive them for what they did. They killed my mum. They washed not just mine, but the rest of my family's memories. They ruined my life!" I screamed. He closed his eyes, like he was angry and trying to control it.