"My Life.."

CHAPTER 28

Amethyst's P.O.V

I shot up in bed when Dawn's screams erupted through the room. I looked next to me where Nate was sleeping peacefully on his stomach.

I pushed the covers off my body and walked to Dawn's crib. I hovered over her as she began settling down.
I picked her up and sat in the rocking chair. After feeding and burping her, I changed her diaper.
The same routine of every night. Most of the time, Nate would help me but he must have been extra tired tonight.

I let it slip away. He has helped with Dawn more than enough over the last three months.

My mind drifted back to earlier when we were arguing. My throat suddenly became heavy and I felt like crying.
I regretted every word...
I don't know why I felt so much sadness. We had fought several times before this, yet I never felt these feelings.

I put a sleepy Dawn back into the crib, making my way back to bed.
I sat down on the bed, keeping my eyes on Nate. I closed my eyes, listening to his steady heartbeat.
I softly ran my hand through his hair, trying not to wake him. I laid back down, facing him.
I touched his lips, causing my heart beat to rise. I leaned in, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

His heartbeat jumped slightly, before I felt his hand being placed behind my head.
He moved slightly and deepened the kiss. I broke the kiss and got on top of him. His sad eyes searched my regret filled ones.

"I'm sorry.." He whispered. My heart fell. Why was he saying sorry?

I shook my head and brought my lips back down to his. Our lips were moving in sync when I felt tears running down my cheeks. Nate stopped kissing me, moving his face back a couple of inches. He looked at my eyes which were probably red from crying.

He furrowed his eyebrows and leaned back down, bringing his lips to my cheek. He kissed my tears away.
"Don't cry. Please don't cry." He asked softly. I covered my mouth and began sobbing. I couldn't hold it any longer.
He pulled me into a hug, where I sobbed into his neck.

I let out all the tears. All the pain. All the regret. Not only from the fight, but from everything.
For doubting Nate when I had no right to. For yelling at him. For hurting him, all the times I had.

Nate growled under me. "Don't ever say you have hurt me," he said in a low voice. Did I say that out loud?

"But I have Nate." I whispered. He cupped my face and moved me so I was facing him.

"No, you haven't." He said slowly. I shook my head.

"I've been so awful to you. I was horrible to you today. I was horrible to you through out the pregnancy." I sobbed.
His eyes looked sad. He looked at me with pity.

"I doubted you. I screamed at you. I made you leave," I reminded him. He closed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair.

"All you've ever done is care. You've always loved me. All I've done is hurt you," my voice cracked. He shook his head.

"Amy, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me," he cupped my face and looked deep into my eyes.

"You are the only one who can make me feel the way I do," he brought my face closer to his, keeping his eyes on mine.
The room seemed to be getting hotter. Breathing was becoming a hard task. I could hear the fast thumps of my own heart beat.

"You, Amy Brown, are my love," he smiled sweetly. "My heart," he kissed my forehead. "My Mate," he kissed me nose. His eyes met mine once again. A tear escaped my eye. He used his thumb and slowly wiped it away.

"My Life," he whispered before closing the gap. I sighed against his lips and played with his hair.
He turned us around so he was on top of me. His eyes were locked on mine for a few seconds before he leaned in and kissed me again.

This kiss wasn't hot or rushed. It was slow and careful, as if one of us could easily break.

He broke away and looked at my eyes again. "I love you," he said softly. I smiled at him, tears in my eyes.

"I love you too," my voice came out in a whisper. "We can take Dawn to your pack house," I nodded slightly.
His eyes widened slightly and a smile broke onto his face. I couldn't help but smile with him.

Seeing him happy made me feel accomplished. It made me feel whole.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded, smiling. He quickly brought his lips to mine and pecked me before lifting me up, into his arms. I hugged him when he kissed my neck.

"Thank you, Amy. I know that was hard for you to do. Thank you," he said against my skin. He brought be back down onto the pillows and began kissing me.
After what seemed to be forever, we made love that night. Afterwards, I lay in bed, thinking if I made the right decision.

Would I regret this? Most likely.
Will it end disastrous? Probably.

Either way, I'm not weak. I will not back away from my problems. I'll face them.
That's what I was taught to do. It's what I've always done and will continue to do.
I won't let a cocky Alpha change that.