My brother has a mate...?

Amethyst's P.O.V

CHAPTER 8

Nate gripped the steering wheel tightly as we neared my house. He pulled into my driveway and turned off the engine.
I played with my hands, not knowing what to say.

"Nate?" I said quietly. He turned to look at me. "Yes?" He asked in a calm tone. I opened my mouth and closed it.
"Are you angry at me?" I asked in a quite voice again. Why do I sound so vulnerable?
He sighed. "Why would I be angry?" He asked. "Because I want to go to school after the baby." I stated. He furrowed his eyebrows together.
"I didn't expect you to drop out, Amethyst." He said. I nodded. We were silent for about 3 minutes before he spoke again.

"I'm going to go home tonight. I need to sort some pack stuff out." He told me. I turned to face him.
"Are you leaving?" I asked. He looked at me for a moment before speaking.
"I don't know. I got a call at lunch. Other packs are trying to start a war. I may need to go back for a short time." He explained.
"How long exactly?" I asked, suddenly feeling worried at the fact of him leaving me.

"I don't know. For as long as they need me." He said. He reached for my hand which I let him take.
"Amy. I've been meaning to speak to you about this for a while now.." He stared at our hands. He looked up into my eyes.

"Come with me." He said. It took me a while to realise what he meant. I could feel my mouth part from surprise. Anger rushed through me.
"Why would you even ask me to do that?" I pulled my hand out of his.

"Amy, please hear me out. Just listen." He said when I reached for the door handle. I kept my hand on the handle but didn't move.

"I want you and the baby to be close to me. My father is going to retire soon, making me the Beta of our pack. I will have to be there a lot more and for a longer period of time. It will be easier if you're with me. I'll know you'll be safe. It would mean everything to me if my mate and my child lived with me and the pack." He told me.

A part of me wanted to throw my arms around him and agree to the move but the other part wanted to scream in his face. After everything his pack has put me and my family through, he wants me to live with them? To be one of them?
I didn't know what to do.
I want him to be happy and I could tell this is something he really wants, but it is something I would regret for sure.

"I'm sorry, but I can't. Goodnight." I said and turned around, catching a quick glimpse of his face, which was filled with sadness and disappointment, before I left the car and ran to the door.

I shut the door behind me and fell against it. I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Amethyst?" I heard my dads voice near me. "Huh?" I looked up. "You okay, honey?" He asked. "I'm good." I gave him a thumbs up. He knowingly frowned. I decided to speak before he asked more questions.
"Could you please give me a ride to Cassie's? I need to check on her." I asked him politely. "Sure." He grabbed the keys from the nearby bowl. "Want to leave now?" He asked

"I just need to change into something more comfortable." I said and made my way to the stairs. "Amy.." Dad turned around, making me stop. His voice was soft and filled with love.

"Yeah?" I asked casually. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it. His eyes glanced at my stomach but he quickly looked back to my face. I felt my heart beat faster. Does he know?

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He said. I froze in place and breathed in from my nose slowly.
"Of course!" I forced a smile.
"I love you, Amy. Always and forever. Nothing you ever say to me will change how much I love you." He said sincerely.
"I know, Dad." I nodded. I kissed him on the cheek and gave him a smile before making my way up the stairs.

My heart was still beating uncontrollably fast when I sped through the hall and pushed Jaxon's door open.
"Jaxon, I think-" I let out as much as I could, before looking up and coming face to face with the most awkward thing I may ever witness in my life.

Jax and his co-worker/best friend, Jane, we're making out. Jax was sitting on his bed while pat was straddling him. Jax was cupping her ass and quickly pulled away when he acknowledged my presence. I heard a small squeal escape Jane's lips before she hastily got off of Jax. They both turned red all over. "G-get out!" Jax got off the bed and neared me.

"I think I am going to throw up." I groaned. He held me by the shoulders and carefully pushed me near the door. "No seriously, I am gagging but nothing is coming out." I gagged. He groaned and nudged me out the door.
"Knock next time." Was the last thing he said before slamming the door shut. I stood at the door still feeling weirded out by the small incident that just happened but remembered why I went in there the first place. I knocked three times.
"Jax?" I said. I heard him groan loudly. A few seconds later the door opened, revealing an angry Jaxon.
"What?" He growled. "Can I talk to you... Alone?" I looked at Jane who was watching us with a small smile.

"She knows everything." He said.
My breath caught in my throat. "W-what?!" I threw my hands out. "The witch took her memory away too. She knew about all this." He explained.

"Are you like us?" I asked her. "A wolf you mean?" She asked, coming closer. I nodded. "Yes. I'm in the Dawn pack." She smiled, happy with the memory. I smiled back. "She is my mate. I was going to announce it when dad got his memory back." He told me.

A smile broke my face. "You found your mate! When? It couldn't have been before we lost our memory otherwise I would have known, right?" I asked him. "No, we knew before the incident. I just didn't tell you." He shrugged.
I slumped my shoulders and my mouth formed an 'O'. "Why not! We tell each other everything!" I exclaimed.
"That's what I thought." He tightened his jaw. I rolled my eyes. "I couldn't tell you anything because you hadn't gotten your memory back, Jax. You know that." I told him. He continued staring at me. "What do you want?" He asked rudely.
Jane nudged him with a look in her eye telling him to be nice. "Forget it." I said coldly before entering my room and slamming my door. I sat on my bed and rubbed my belly.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through all this." I whispered.
"I want the best for you. I want you to be happy. I'll make sure you are, don't worry." I smiled. "I love you very much. So does your Dad. So does Grandpa and Uncle Jax. They love you so much." My voice cracked. "I'll make this work." I nodded. "Even if joining Nate's pack is the best thing for you, I'll do it." I said. Is it the right thing to do? I can't afford to make the wrong decision. It's too late for mistakes.

A knock on the door made me jump. "You ready, Sweetie?" Dad said from behind the door. "I'll be out in just a minute!" I said before going into my closet and putting on some grey sweatpants and my oversized jumper. After throwing my hair in a messy bun, I grabbed my phone and went out the door.