Case File Eight: Visions

Kenneth found himself aboard a cruise ship, and there with him was his mom and dad, he ran up them and gave them a hug. Suddenly standing behind them, he saw Crowley there; the only part of his face visible was his sadistic smile. Kenneth pushed his parents behind him as he prepared to face Crowley. He reached behind him to try to feel for his parents, but they weren't there. He turned around to find they were clear on the other side of the boat from him with a bomb behind them. He tried to run for them but there was no time, and he was sent flying backwards from the explosion and fell into the sea. He then heard the voice of Ray, the murderer from the case at the theatre, he just kept saying; "the man in black, the man in black." Kenneth then saw Crowley standing behind him at the college while he was being interviewed, sitting at a table nearby in the restaurant, and then standing on the side of the road as he left from the haunting case.

There was then a flash, and the sound of a bullet, Kenneth was down on one knee from a bullet wound, Crowley standing in front of him.

"You were there, every time...every time I had a case, you were there."

Crowley didn't respond, he just stood there in silence

"Was it all set up by you? Were you the one that caused every case to happen, the first three were all cases about revenge, is that what you want, revenge for my dad catching you? Why? You got out of jail before you were even behind the bars, and you killed both him and my mother that same night."

"I was embarrassed by your father that night."

"Embarrassed, just like Charles, you really were, you were behind everything, just to get to me."

"I laid out the event, you solved everything yourself."

Just then Kenneth got lost in an explosion, when he opened his eyes, he was in a desert. He walked around passing cacti and bones, the sun coming down on he, he was about to faint from the heat when he suddenly found himself in the middle of a big city at night. He looked around; trying to find where he was, but he didn't recognize anything. Suddenly he could hear the sound of a bell ringing like a clock tower, then the sound of footsteps, getting louder; he turned around to see the shadow of someone coming at him with a knife. He was punctured in the stomach and fell down on the floor thriving in pain.

The pain disappeared and he found the ground turned to grass; he opened his eyes to find he was on a mountain somewhere. He walked around trying to find out where he was again. The mountain was cold, he was shivering as he made his way around. Bodies hung from the trees slightly being covered in a mist. The ground then began to shake; Kenneth looked up and saw the tip of the mountain began to erupt and lava was pouring out from the top. Then in the midst of it all, he saw Crowley standing there. Kenneth ran down the mountain trying to escape the lava. It was just too fast for him and he was engulfed inside.

He fell out of his bed and found he was in his room. He put his arms on his bed and was drenching sweat from the nightmare. He looked over at the clock to see the time was six fifty-seven in the morning, he considered that a good enough time to get out of bed, even if it was a Saturday. He went over to the bathroom to clean himself off. When he got out, he was just thinking about that dream and everything that happened in it. He tried his best to shrug it off and went to the kitchen to pour a bowl of cereal and sat down to eat. He turned on the television in the living room but the first thing to come on was some old movie about a volcano erupting. He quickly turned off the TV and walked over to a window. That dream, it left him asking even more questions then he already had about everything. Though he was afraid of what could be coming next, he was not going to back down or show any fear about the future.