Prologue

Roxanne and the Blue Rose

                                 Prologue

 The rain was falling with rage as the darkness had covered the whole forest and the only thing that was illuminating the dark woods was the thunders that were tearing the skies.

Into this chaos of rain and lightining, the sound of the footsteps was disappearing as the two figures, dressed in black cloaks, were moving into the forest so fast that no one could see them.

 “Damn that rain! I have to see such a storm since the Navy’s pursuit!” the first shadow said and raised his coat, covering himself from the rain.

“Pursuit? You were running again?” the second one replied with irony.

“Shut up! We don’t have enough time, we must hurry! The passage must be somewhere around here!”

 But suddenly from the trees appeared the red eyes; they had spotted them.

“Run!” the one shouted to the other and they began running as the red eyes were chasing them.

They were able to reach the center of the forest but the red eyes surrounded them demanding the same thing over and over again:

Give it to us!”

  “Boring, they say the same thing again.”

  "Quiet! We are not here to fight! But keep your guard!" the first snarled to the second and they placed their hands on their swords.

The man appeared from the circle of the red eyes and stretched his hands to the two figures.

“Give me the treasure you hold, and I might spare your lives.”

“In your nightmares!” the one figure said and turned to the other.

“DO IT!” he shouted and his companion threw a strange stone to the ground.

The light of the broken stone shards covered them both making them disappear from the sight of the red eyes, before they manage to take action.

“Bring them back to me! They are not going to escape like this!” the man said angrily as he ordered his troops.

He raised his head against the rain and looked at the sky.

“I am sure they went to search out for her and there is only one place they can find her…the world of the humans.”