The fire of Despair and the crypt of evil

Chapter 8: The fire of Despair and the crypt of evil

 The days on the Lost Star had become warmer and warmer. Although Mickey and the rest had changed many times the location of the Camp, no sign of the Shadows was spotted. For the moment, everyone was settled close to one of the main rivers, which was coming from the mountains, heading to the sea.

The Camp had taken once more the shape of the small stone houses, with the same central square but this time hope had overwhelmed everyone. As the sun had already risen preparations for breakfast started to be made.

Genie, Snow White and Abu were moving the tables close to the shadiest part of the Camp in order to prepare breakfast.

“Genie, have you seen Roxanne? I thought she was going to help us with the preparations.” Snow White spoke with her melodic voice.

Genie on the other hand smiled playfully and small hearts popped from his head, while Abu squealed from surprise.

“She is fine! The Guardian is with her!” and he smiled at her.

“Abu, go and wake up the others, please. We will need many to prepare the tables.” Snow White spoke to the monkey but Genie had already used his magic.

The tables quickly moved around, and when they hit the ground, they were full of food and refreshments.

“That will do too!” and Snow White looked at him, laughing.

 ------------------------------

Roxanne moved slowly as she started to wake up. She had tried to repeat her training once more last night but quickly she had gotten tired. She hadn't realized that she had fallen asleep. She felt her cheek touching something smooth but hard and opened her eyes.

She was lying on a white surface and above her there were white, huge feathers covering her body like blanket. Roxanne recognized her surroundings and she crawled upwards.

“That tickles…” a playful voice was heard above her and the wing was lifted.

The strong light of the sun blinded Roxanne a little as she covered her eyes. She lifted her head and her eyes met with the shining green of Sapphire’s who had leaned his head closer to her sleepy face.

“Good morning Sapphire.” Roxanne said with a smile.

“Good morning Roxanne.”

Roxanne looked around her; she was sitting on the dragon’s back, under his left wing, while the dragon’s body was curled around her, protecting the girl from the outside.

“Roxanne!” Max’s happy voice welcomed her and the Shadow, in the form of Abu, but with red eyes, jumped on her.

“Hello Max!”

“You are late. The others are gathering for breakfast!”

Roxanne’s eyes widened when she realized her promise to help Snow White. She jumped from Sapphire’s back to the ground and the dragon’s right arm, closed her way to the opening of the Camp.

“You should rest more.” Sapphire said and pushed the girl back with his muzzle.

“Sapphire, I promised that I would help with breakfast and I overslept! Please let me through.”

Sapphire's dragon lips parted and his teeth appeared, as if he was trying to smile.

“And what if I say no?”

“Max!”

The Shadow transformed into a large hawk and grabbed Roxanne from the waist flying to the sky above Sapphire. Roxanne managed to smile with tease at the dragon before she heads back. But the dragon was restless; after that night of their celebration Roxanne had started to become tired often and she was constantly sleeping, trying to rest herself.