The Camp of the Lost Star

Chapter 3: The Camp of the Lost Star

 Roxanne sat on her bed and taking a deep breath she tried to recall and put in an order everything she had experienced up until now.

 After her conversation with Pocahontas, she returned to the tent and agreed with Mickey, Donald and Goofy to help them defeat Dragen, but first they had to free the prisoners. When she managed to escape from Mickey’s and Donald’s tight grip, since they were overjoyed with her decision, she was taken on a tour,  with Pocahontas as her guide, all around the Camp.

The Camp had a small round square, where there were small shops, a pub in a pirate style, a weaponsmith where centaurs were forging unstoppable many weapons, and finally a small shop with all kinds of clothes. After that, small houses in all different types were spreading cyclic around the Camp, separating the characters from the others.

“So the “bad guys” live in the right side and you on the left side?”

“That’s right; it’s hard dealing with Jafar and Hades. They are really cunning!” Meg said with sarcasm and gave a long pink dress to Roxanne.

Meg was running a clothe's shop; she was selling everything, from shoes and hats to armors and gowns. All the fabric was coming from the threads the spirits and the fairies of the forest were producing. As a result a dancing gown could easily become an armor while a hat could work as a helmet.

“So Meg, how long have been working here?” Roxanne asked the beautiful slim, brunette and she smiled.

“Since the time we changed the location of the Camp. We must be extremely careful; we don’t know when Dragen’s soldiers will strike. Meeko, stop eating the threads!” she shouted and Meeko run to Pocahontas’s side, climbing on her shoulder.

Roxanne laughed; Meeko wasn’t the best assistant but he was better that Slightly, who preferred cutting the fabric in pieces. Roxanne was staring at the shelves, where fabric and shirts were piled up in order, while the whole shop had its walls painted white and pink.

Meg gave to Roxanne many kinds of clothes all capable for traveling on both sea and land. When she got out from the clothes’ shop her attention fell on the pile of the books, which were on the stands, under the tent across. She tried to walk but a hand touched her shoulder.

“I wouldn’t go there if I were you.”

“Mulan…” Roxanne said impressed.

The black haired Chinese woman had just returned from her patrol with her tall black stallion following her from behind. Roxanne was left to look at her dazzled, just like she had done when she saw Jack Sparrow fighting with Hook and Peter on the pub, as also when Maleficent and the Queen were having tea together.

“Is he angry again?” Pocahontas commented with sadness as she looked at the tent with the books

“Yes Pocahontas, this demon is a hard one to deal with.” Mulan said and placed her tufts of her black hair behind her ears.

Demon? Roxanne wondered and then she understood. She placed her bags on the ground and leaving Pocahontas, Mulan and Meeko behind she entered the open bookstore.

She saw many books, maps and boxes piled all together; it was a mess but Roxanne was walking carefully, trying not to drop anything. Suddenly, she saw a glimmering glass and she recognized the light.

Behind the boxes, placed on a round table the red rose was glimmering faintly inside the jar. But is wasn’t blooming; it was as if time had stopped and so the flower had remained frozen with its petals slightly open.