New world

Chapter two: New World

“It’s great to be home, don’t you agree Tink?” Peter shouted with joy as he flew around the ship.

“Pan, go and look around for anything strange!” Jack shouted to him and the boy disappeared into the clouds.

Roxanne looked before her the land which was spreading into the clouds; there was a huge continent, surrounded by the ocean and the ocean was surrounded by the clouds. On the land, in the center of it was a black volcano, which was looking inactive, but around it Roxanne could see all the different types of climates. On the south there was a savannah, on the east there was a deep wide forest, but on the north and the west a deep jungle was spreading while a shining coral reef could be spotted at the west.

“It’s beautiful Jack!” Roxanne said to the pirate but his expression seemed to be really sad.

Roxanne noticed that his face features had changed a little; there were a bit more shining than before and the same had happened with Peter who landed near her saying that it was safe until the port, his hair was redder than before and so were his green clothes.

“Good but how do we land a flying ship?” Jack asked him and Peter took the wheel from the pirate, ready to lead the way.

“Let this to me! You two hold tightly until we land on the water!” Peter said and he gave a great turn to the ship making it literally dive into the sea.

Roxanne and Jack screamed from fear, holding from the ropes and the sails, while Peter was laughing. His loud laugh made the winds stronger, blowing into the sails making the ship land softly on the sea’s surface.

When they had finally landed Tinkerbell whispered something on Peter’s ear and he looked at Roxanne and Jack who were still trying to breathe normally.

“The land before us is clear! We can settle down there.” and he pointed at the horizon.

Roxanne saw the opening; it looked from afar like a port and turned to Jack asking him what they had to do.

“Roxanne, help me with the anchor and Peter try to stay as close to the land as you can.”

“I am giving orders here!”

Roxanne signed; she couldn’t do anything about those two. But how did she end up like this? For a necklace? Her hand touched the diamond’s surface of the blue rose and a warm feeling consumed her, as if someone was hugging her.

“Hey, Jack this is a port, right? Why is it so deserted?” she said showing the empty houses, stores and the rusted pillars in the bridges.

“This is a replica of Tortuga but, since the Shadows attacked us in here three months ago, it was left to perish.”

They placed the ladder and quickly they stepped into the ruined port. Jack took the ropes on hand, while Roxanne was looking around her with a sinister expression.

“I’ve noticed that this land hasn’t any stable climate. Why is that happening?”

“Because everything in here were made from pieces of the worlds, which survived from the destruction. He himself took care of us when we arrived here.” Jack answered her question, while he was tying the ropes on the port.

When they finally got on land safely, both Peter and Jack started to walk towards the woods still cautious, having both their guns and swords ready to attack. Roxanne was following them from behind, curious to know more about this new world.