Chapter 3

This morning was actually a peaceful morning. Aaron didn't wake me up and I didn't end up being late to work.

"Brooke." I heard Michelle. Her voice sounded panicked.

"The restaurant looks amazing." I said looking around.

"Good because it opens tonight." I heard John the contractor say as he took a look at the completed restaurant.

"We have a problem." Michelle whispered in my ear. She motioned for me to follow her. I followed her to the bathrooms.

She took a deep breath. "Chelle what's wrong?" I asked worried.

"So Torres cancelled."

"Oh. Well that's just one person."

"And Rooney, and Parker. They all cancelled."

"What why?" I said confused.

"Well Torres's publicist called and said his wife is on a last minute business trip, so they cancelled dinner plans and he's watching his kids tonight. Rooney went to Liverpool for a photoshoot. And the rest all had excuses just like that. We're screwed. We were supposed to get some footballers for tonight. And now we're screwed and it's going to be all out faults. God I suck at this job. I'm going to get fired. Tony he's going to be so embarrassed when none of them show up." Michelle kept rambling in panic.

"Michelle."

"And we could be the reason the restaurant doesn't do well and..."

"MICHELLE." I yelled. She finally stopped taking and let out her breath.

"I might have a solution." She gave me a hopeful look.

"What?"

"I got a new roommate recently."

"Ya you did."

"I can get him and a couple of friends to come tonight."

"Your roommates a guy? Wait I don't get it."

"Aaron Ramsey is my roommate." I said annoyed at the fact that he's my roommate.

"BROOKLYN." She said using my real name." You could have saved me this panic attack. Why didn't you tell me your roommate is Aaron Ramsey?"

"Never thought it was relevant."

"It's Aaron Ramsey. I've been a top Arsenal fan forever. How could you have not told me that."

"Sorry. I honestly forget that he plays for Arsenal. He just seems like a kid I'm babysitting to be honest." She laughed and rolled her eyes.

"So you like him?"

"Not at all, but he'll come tonight." I hope he will come tonight. I looked at my phone." He should be home. Let's go to my apartment and talk to him."

"Oh my god I'm going to meet Aaron Ramsey." I rolled my eyes.

__

I opened the apartment door and no surprise Aaron was on the couch with just one friend today. I recognized him from last night, but I couldn't remember his name.

"Brooke. You brought over a friend."

"Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott." Michelle whispered.

I hated what I was about to do.

I sat down on the couch next to Aaron. He looked at me confused.

"So I've been sort of bitchy lately. I just have a big event tonight. A really big one. And I've been really stressed." I paused.

Aaron looked completely shocked." Really? I mean uh thanks." He said confused.

"I just uh. I was wondering if you and maybe some of your friends like the ones who were over last night want come to the restaurant opening tonight?" I looked over at Michelle who was busy fangirling like an idiot.

"Hm well I have to check my schedule." He said it just because he knew it would annoy me.

"You idiot. I'm trying to be nice. Just except my invitation. Bring your dates. Then be there at 7."

"Theo are we up for a fancy restaurant opening tonight?" Aaron looked over at his friend.

"Ya sure. I'll tell Melanie. Date night."

"So you want me to invite Jack and Kieran too?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Poor Ramsey's going to be the only one without a date." Theo laughed.

"Well maybe I shouldn't go then." Aaron said pretending to be hurt by what Theo said.

"NO." I said worried. I looked at Michelle and motioned her over to my room." Just please consider it."

I got up and walked to my room and Michelle followed.

I shut the door." Will four be enough?"

"Four is exactly what we need. So Aaron has to go."

"Yes." She nodded.

"Why did Torres have to cancel?" I said annoyed.

"Just work your Brooke charm on him. It works on everyone." I rolled my eyes and walked back out to the living room.

"Where'd your friend go?" I asked Aaron who was now sitting on the couch alone.

"To call his girlfriend. He's in the kitchen." I nodded.

"Well if I go tonight you have to find me a date."

"Seriously, can't you find your own? You play for Arsenal. I'm sure you can find a date."

"I don't know. Torres would have had a date."

"What? How did you..."

"Please I knew your apology was bullshit. I listened when you went into your room with your friend. It was obvious you weren't sincere."

"It's my job. Just do it Aaron."

"Can I get a please?" I glared at him.

"Aaron please go tonight."

"And you'll be my date?"

"What? No. No way. I can't I'm working."

"Actually you can." Michelle said bursting into the living room. I glared at her instantly. "I've got it."

"Perfect. Be ready by seven." I glared at him.

"I'm not doing this."

"Well then I guess It's going to be a lazy night." I gritted my teeth.

"Fine."

"Sound great."

"You are unbelievable." I said annoyed.

I sat up and grabbed my purse that I put in the entry way." Michelle let's go."

"See you tonight." He said with a stupid grin on his face and I slammed the door in response.

I can't wait for tonight to be over with.