Chapter 19

I stepped out of the shower and looked at the three dresses I had laid out on my bed. I was choosing between the red, light blue, or white dress. I probably shouldn't go with the white because my period is so damn irregular I can never keep track. That would be quite embarrassing. So red or light blue."Red." I jumped startled. I felt my towel drop and I picked it up and covered myself as quickly as possible."AARON." I turned around and yelled at him. He just laughed.

"Nothing I haven't seen." He shrugged and I clenched my jaw.

"Which you will never see again. What are you doing in here?"

"I thought I would sneak in and get my sweatshirt back that I let you borrow at the hospital. I love that sweatshirt and I figured you weren't going to get it back, so I came in to get it."

"Sure just come in that's fine." I said sarcastically.

"Well you do have a lock." I walked over to my laundry basket. I tossed the sweatshirt at him.

"I haven't washed it, but here you go. Now get the fuck out." I pointed to the door.

"Thanks." He smiled and left my room. I picked up the red one. Not because Aaron said to pick it. Well yes because Aaron said to pick it. Eden will probably like it too.

I put on the one shoulder red dress. I went into the bathroom and applied some makeup and put on some earrings. I added some red lipstick and decided to curl my annoyling straight hair a little bit, so it was wavy.

I searched around my room looking for my black heels. I found one next to my bed. Where's my other one? I searched everywhere looking for my shoe. Where could it be? After that work party I threw my shoes off and jumped on the couch last weekend. It could be in the living room.

I walked out into the living room where Aaron was sitting on the couch watching a match. I started to search the living room."Looking for something?" Aaron asked me.

"Get up." I demanded. He just sat there."Aaron seriously get your ass up." He stood up and I searched on the couch.

"What are you looking for?"

"My shoe. The other one of this?" I held up the black shoe in my hand.

"Where'd you last leave it?"

"Just sit on the couch and watch your game." I said annoyed.

"I'm just trying to help."

"DON'T." I snapped at him.

"Seriously Brooke you're always so mean to me. I'm not that bad. You didn't seem to mind it the other day."

"I was forced to." I rolled my eyes.

"I get what I said to you was fucked up, but you never said you wanted to be in a relationship. You were the one who refused to talk about what sleeping together meant." I stopped frozen in my spot. He hasn't snapped at me yet and we haven't talked about what happened. He stood up and now our faces were inches away from each other.

"There's nothing happening between us and nothing will." I fired back at him. I felt myself getting angry."Why can't you just buy yourself a fancy house with your fancy paycheck and get the fuck out."

"I can't."

"Of course you can." He shook his head."Why not?"

"Because I fucking love you Brooke." I froze. Before I could respond his lips smashed onto mine. I couldn't think. I felt myself starting to kiss Aaron back. I had missed this so much. This felt so right.

All of my sense suddenly came back into my head and I pushed myself away from him. I looked back at him in shock. We were both breathing hard."Brooke..." I quickly slapped him across the face.

"Sorry." I felt myself say quietly. What the fuck. I don't apologize."I'm with Eden. I'm not a fucking home wrecker."

"I'm sorry." I spotted my shoe out of the corner of my eye. It was in the corner of the living room. Of course now I have to find it.

"I need to go. Eden's waiting for me."

"Brooke." He called after me as I ran towards my shoe. I picked up my purse and ran outside of the apartment. I ran towards the elevator. While waiting I couldn't take it anymore. I leaned against the wall and collapsed onto the floor. The tears started bursting out. I grabbed my phone in panic and texted Eden.

running late

That was all I could manage to type because my hands were shaking. I sat against the wall crying my eyes out.

A few minutes later I stood up. What have I turned into? Crying in the hallway of my apartment over some guy when I have the perfect guy waiting for me.

There is a table and a mirror by the elevator. I put my purse on the table and searched through it. I wiped off the mascara that had run down my face and the lipstick that damn Aaron smeared. I reapplied my mascara and lip stick and took a look at myself in the mirror. I hated the person that was staring back at me.

He loves me. Aaron Ramsey loves me. I know what I need to do. Eden's a perfect guy. He doesn't deserve this. I don't deserve him. I can't give him my full heart. It's not his. I need to break things off with him tonight. It's just not a good time.

I grabbed my purse and got into the elevator. I put my heels on and took a deep breath.

Eden was waiting by his car. He smiled as I approached him and I felt my heart sink."Sorry I couldn't find my shoe."

"No worries. You look amazing." He said kissing me. I felt the guilt rush into my body.

"Thanks you too."

We drove to the restaurant and fortunately Eden wasn't really in the talking mood. We just listened to the radio.

We got to the restaurant and I felt my nerves building up. He opened the door for me and we walked inside."Oh and um I hope you don't mind, but we have some people joining us for dinner?" I looked at him confused."My family has heard so much about you they really wanted to meet you." My eyes widened. His family? Fuck. I'm meeting his parents the night I'm going to end things with him. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck."It's okay. They'll love you." Eden waved to a group of people. I felt all of their eyes on me.

"Everyone this is Brooke." I put on a fake smile and waved."Brooke these are my brothers Thorgan, Kylian, and Ethan. And then my mum and dad of course."

"It's so nice to meet you." I said overwhelmed.

"It's nice to meet you too.We've heard so much about you." Eden's mother said to me. She gave me a nice genuine smile. No please don't like me. Hate me. Make your son break up with me.

Dinner felt like forever. His family was so nice and they were such a cute family. Both Eden and his brothers played football. They were really funny and enjoyable, but I couldn't let myself have fun. Everytime I tried my mind kept drifting back to Aaron.

All of a sudden Eden stood up and I looked at him confused."Brooke. We've been seeing each other for a few months now and obviously I really like you since you met my family." Oh no. Where is this going?"We're together, but I want to make it official. Brooke Collins will you be my girlfriend officially?"