Chapter 25

I laid on Rachel's couch sulking in my own misery. How did it get to this point?"Hey you." I felt Rachel sit down next to me. I got in my car and made the two hour drive to Cambridge. My head hurts so bad and I just want to know what ended up happening last night?

"Did I call you last night?" She laughed.

"Ya you did."

"I almost don't want to know what happened."

"Well you called me saying you were out and I couldn't understand half the things you said. You were gone. Some guys were in the background. As your best friend I was never going to let you have drunken sex in a nasty bar. You don't do bar unless they are in a night club that you have approved of. I heard Come on Eileen in the background and I knew you were in bad shape." I started laughing.

"The place was so grimy." I said making light of the situation.

"You seemed to love screaming the lyrics." She laughed.

"That song is played all the time. It's hard not to know it." I fired back at her."Do you know how I got home?" She sighed.

"Don't be mad at me." I raised my eyebrow at her curiously."Okay whatever I know you're going to get mad no matter what, but I called Aaron."

"Aaron. As in my roommate Aaron Ramsey?"

"No Aaron Brooks." She mentioned some guy from high school. I rolled my eyes."Yes Aaron Ramsey."

"Why would you call him?"

"Because I was worried about you. He was too Brooke. He was really worried. He went out and found you." I faintly remembered being in the bar and Aaron forcing me out of there."And I am not sorry I did. I'm worried about you." I looked at her surprised."Don't give me that look Brooke. I don't regret it for one second. You got home safe and now you're here."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I was cut off by my phone vibrated. Eden texted me. I wonder what he said? I grabbed the phone and shut my eyes before opening the message. Honestly I'm expecting the worst.

We need to talk

I looked down at the text. Okay not so bad."Who texted you?" Rachel asked.

"Eden." Rachel grabbed my phone from me."Give that back."

"What did he say?"

"Well you're holding my phone now, so you can see for yourself." Rachel started typing on my phone."What are you saying?"

"Calm down Brooke. I'm just responding because I know you're going to overanalyze all of this and then this is going to drag out. Everything was just fresh yesterday. He's had some time to calm down and now he wants to talk. End this break up on a good note."

"Do break ups ever end well?"

"Not when it's you because you always make a dramatic exit."

"Shut up." I grabbed my phone back from her looking at her response.

Ya we really should. Where and when do you want to meet up?

I looked at the text anxiously. I wonder what he is going to say.

My place? 5:30?

"He wants me to meet him at his house at 5:30."

"Go and then come back and tell me all about it." I sighed."You're going."

"I know." I said annoyed.

_________________

I pulled up to Eden's house and I took a deep breath before getting out of the car.

I walked slowly up the pathway to his front door. No more stalling.

I knocked on Eden's door.

He answered right away."Hey." He said quietly.

"Hi." I said back. He opened his door further motioning for me to come in."Eden I'm really sorry." I started.

"I'm sorry too. I was out of line yesterday."

"You were mad. It's understandable."

"You didn't deserve the things I said to you. The truth is I'm a total hypocrite." I looked at him confused."I yelled about you about not telling me about you Aaron, but I guess I was using you as a rebound too. My ex Natacha and I had been together for four years and we broke up. I realized that I never stopped loving her. I'm sorry. And when Ramsey called me this morning..."

"He called you?" I asked him confused. He nodded.

"This morning. He said that he would take all of the blame for the fight and he asked me not to be mad at you that you never cheated on me and you never would have." Aaron said that?"I just asked you to come over because I hated how ended things yesterday and I wanted to end things on a good note." He continued.

"I agree. I'm really sorry it had to end this way. I'm sorry about everything that happened yesterday."

"Me too." He said.

"Um well I wish you luck with your ex. Hopefully you two find your way back. I really mean it. I wish you the best. You're a really great guy." He smiled.

"Same for you Brooke. I wish you the best. I hope things with you and Ramsey work out because you two are made for each other as much as I hate to admit it." I gave him a little sad smile. Maybe not."I'll see you around okay." I nodded and we gave each other an awkward hug.

"Bye Eden." Well that chapter of my life is done and actually left off on a good note. I still have so much more damage to deal with and I'm just getting started.