Chapter 13

I heard a knock on my door and I looked up. Aaron came into my room."What are you doing?" I sat up and folded my arms. He shut the door behind him.

"I couldn't sleep. I needed to talk to you."

"No, I'm done with you." I felt him move closer to me. I wanted to move away from him,but my body wouldn't let me. It physically wouldn't let me I felt like I was glued to that spot on my bed.

"No you're not." He said in a soft voice as he reached my bed. He was still moving closer to me."I'm so sorry I didn't mean anything I said. I love you Brooke." He moved a strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. Now he was inches away from my face. I couldn't look away from those familiar brown eyes. I didn't stop him from moving in slowly until finally our lips met.

I laid down on my bed and he sat on top of me. Oh so now I can move. I just wanted him so badly at this moment. He loves me. He loves me. I think. I might. I lo...

"BROOKE." I put my pillow over my head."Brooke." I heard Aaron's voice. I grabbed my pillow and threw it at Aaron. I looked over at my clock. two in the morning. My light turned on and I felt my eyes burn. My vision was blurry trying to adjust to the light. I recognized his scent instantly. What just happened? Did I just dream that? But he's in my room now. Is this a dream too?

"Aaron what the fuck?" I yelled.

"You've been avoiding me, so I decided to talk to you when you had nowhere else to go." I sighed. My eyes started to adjust.

"Are you drunk or something?"

"No. I wish." I studied him. He was telling the truth. He wasn't drunk.

"What do you want?"

"To talk to you."

My eyes finally adjusted to the light. I looked over at the clock on my bedside."What the fuck Aaron it's two in the morning." This reminds me of when he first moved in and would always wake me up early in the morning before practice.

"I know sorry." He sounded sort of nervous.

"First thing in the morning I'm getting a lock on my door. I don't know why I haven't done that sooner."

"I'm sorry, but this is the only way I can talk to you without you rushing out or having a way to avoid me."

"Oh I have plenty of ways."

"Yes, you're good, but when you're tired you're too lazy to get up and leave." How the hell does he know me so well?

"Well played." I admitted. I sat up.

"Thanks. Um well I broke things off with Erica." I looked around feeling uncomfortable.

"Good." I glared at him."I mean I would think you of all people would know what it's like to get played. To get cheated on."

"Erica and I weren't exclusive or anything." He tried to defend himself."I know that's really not a good excuse. I meant to break it off with her a while ago. I gave her tickets a while ago she had been in Russia for the past couple of months. I don't know, but whatever that's not what matters. What matters is that what I said was really fucked up. I'm so sorry Brooke I didn't mean it."

"Of course you did. You wouldn't have said it then." I felt sadness starting to fill me.

"No, I didn't mean it. I just panicked okay. I really didn't mean it."

"Are you done?" I said annoyed.

"I just don't want things to be bad between us."

"They are Aaron." He looked down at the ground.