Chapter 38: The Finale

Once I got back to London from Liverpool I was exhausted. I had worked a teenagers birthday party. This girl and party was the ultimate nightmare. I was so exhausted.

Michelle dropped my off at the apartment."How does it feel to be twenty-two?" I looked at her confused. I pulled out my phone to verify the date. Shit today is my birthday. I have been so busy and tired I forgot about my own birthday.

"No idea. Thanks for the ride."

"Tell Aaron I said good luck in his game today." Aaron has a game too.

"Oh ya sure." I said before running up to the apartment. I knew exactly where Aaron kept the extra tickets and I grabbed them.

I sighed as I saw the game didn't start for a couple of hours.

I smiled as an idea popped into my head.

I headed down to my car and drove to the sports store downtown.

"Hello how can I help you?" A sales clerk asked me.

"I'm looking for an Arsenal jersey."

"Any player in particular?" I smiled at the clerk.

"Ramsey." Well Aaron I guess you did eventually get me into an Arsenal jersey.

Aaron's p.o.v.

I sat in the tunnel feeling nervous. Today I was starting. Lately I have been on and off the starting lineup. When things haven't been going well in my real life I turn to football. Things lately have been miserable. I've felt better since Brooke came into my room and then she called me the other day. That call made me realize that maybe we could get through this. I didn't know if we were going to make it past all of this. Today is her birthday, so I really can't stop thinking about her. Is she back yet? Is she watching this game wherever she is?

Stop. I need to focus on this game. Maybe she is watching. If she is I need to put on a show. I can brag to her on her birthday.

We started to walk out onto the field and the crowd went crazy. I love having home games. The fan are amazing and it makes me feel on top of the world.

We all ran out to start warming up. I looked up at the section where all of the ladies and family sit. My eyes stopped at the blonde who was sitting down in the stands. I noticed my name written on her back. I smiled instantly recognizing her. She turned to sit down and I took a minute to smile taking in this moment. Brooke in an Arsenal jersey.

I felt a hand on my shoulder."You okay mate?" Kieran asked.

"Never been better." I said honestly, now even more pumped for the game.

Brooke's p.o.v.

"Wow you are really going all out. I can't believe you're wearing an Arsenal jersey." Sarah laughed.

"The things I do for my man." I shook my head.

"Happy Birthday by the way."

"Thanks."

"Have you talked to Aaron yet today?"

"No. I've been in Liverpool for business and we haven't seen each other." She gave me a sympathetic look that made my stomach churn. No it's getting better. At least I hope. I'm wearing this stupid jersey to show how much I care about saving us.

I waited for Aaron to look up and see me, but I never saw him do it. If I wore this jersey for nothing I am going to be so pissed.

Aaron actually played really well. He didn't score, but he had an assist and his defensive skills saved Arsenals ass a couple of times. Maybe they should put him in defense.