Chapter 6

I turned the oven on to 350.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

I looked over at my phone. Face time request from Rachel.

"Rach." I smiled.

"Hey Brooke. You making something?"

"Ya it's Michelle's birthday tomorrow. Though I'd make her a cake. Be a cool business partner."

"Interesting. How's the room mate situation going?" She asked me.

"He's tolerable."

"Brooke." I heard her say my name in a suspicious tone. I went back to mixing the cake batter. "OH MY GOD BROOKE. I knew it. I knew it. You so slept with him."

"We were super drunk. We both would have had sex with a pig we were that drunk."

"Is it awkward?"

"No actually."

"When did it happen?"

"Like two weeks ago."

"Has it happened again?" She knew me too well.

"Okay what is up with the twenty questions?"

"So you have." She said with a big smile on her face. I just kept mixing the cake batter. "Brooklyn Paige Collins."

"Did you face time me just to interrogate me."

"Oh Brooke just be proud of the fact that you're shagging a famous footballer."

"Oh ya I forget sometimes."

"That you're shagging him?"

"No that he's famous. I don't get the appeal."

"Obviously you do."

"It's not like that. It means nothing."

"Brooke it always mean something."

"Let's not talk about this anymore. How..."

"Talk about what?" I turned around to see Aaron standing in the kitchen.

"Hi Aaron. She's sick of hearing about wedding stuff." Rachel said saving my ass.

"I'll talk to you later. Bye." I said hanging up the call.

"Ooh what are you making?" Aaron said eyeing the cake batter. Before I could stop him he dipped his finger in it and tried the batter. "It's good."

"Seriously Aaron?" He shrugged. "This isn't for you. This is supposed to be for Michelle's birthday. Who knows where your hands have been."

"Oh you know."

"Ew shut up. At training. Now it has your germs all over it."

"Michelle's a fan. I'm sure she'll love it."

"Get over yourself."

He quickly flicked some cake batter in my face. I flinched then just glared at him.

"Come on Brooke. Live a little." He said imitating me from the night of the restaurant.

I grabbed a fistful of cake batter and threw it on his face out of anger. He looked mad then a smile appeared on his face and he started to laugh. I couldn't hold the glare anymore. I let a small smile escape. He threw more cake batter at me. Okay he's dead.

We chased each other around the apartment throwing cake batter at each other until it was all gone. Once it was done we both collapsed onto the kitchen door out of breath.

"So much for making Michelle a cake." I said out of breath. Aaron started laughing and I started laughing too. This was the only time we've really hung out without having sex and I didn't completely hate him at the moment. Well I hate him for throwing cake batter at me, but I actually had fun covering him in cake batter.

"Shit look at this kitchen." I said snapping back to reality. The kitchen was a complete mess.

Ring. Ring. Ring

I heard my familiar ringtone.

"Don't worry I'll clean it up." He offered.

"No you don't have to..."

"No I started it. Go answer your phone." He pointed to it. I looked at him weird. Aaron cleaning. That doesn't happen. Oh well I'll take what I can get. Anytime that Aaron doesn't annoy me is a good time. Which is happening a lot less lately.