Part 4

Connor and his friends were at the door talking quietly, I didn't have to wonder why, because I already knew as their faces were filled with sorrow. "So, my bags are packed." I said letting out a sigh. Anxiety filled my mind. My heart beating as fast as a professional drummer. I started shaking. The feeling of nervousness took over my body. Calm down. I told my self. I let out a light sigh.

"Ummm... I don't know how but somehow you convinced the man to adopt you. My heart slowed down. My once tense body relaxed. "So, bye." She said and walked to the kitchen. I walked over to the boys.

Connor looked at me. His eyes were still red. He hugged me. I haven't been hugged since my mom died. I wrap my arms around him. He makes me feel calm and collective. "Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said quietly.

____________________________________________________________

I sit still in the car as we drive up to a nice looking apartment building. We barely talked during the whole trip. But it wasn't awkward silence, it was quite peaceful. We both got out and went to the back of his car. I smile and he smiles back. He pops open the trunk and grabs my bag.

"If your gonna be my daughter, with as much traveling as I do, your probably gonna need a new suitcase." He said through his smile. That was a good thought. Traveling. I've never seen out of Los Angeles.

"What's it like?" I ask as we walk up to the building. Him pulling my suitcase behind him.

"What is what like?" He asked slowing down his speed.

"Traveling." I replied. He thought for a moment.

"I'll show you some of my pictures. They show you the very meaning of traveling itself." He says. We walk into his apartment. It's spacious and open. The living room goes into the kitchen and dining room. He has a little area in a corner used as a bar. I look at one of the shelves he has and see a lot of different nick-nacks and stuff.

He starts heading down the small hallway and towards the end where a door is. He opens the door and let's me look into my new room.