Part 19

I woke up on the couch my body stretched out across. My feet were on the lap of a sleeping Jc and my head on a Kian in the same trance. I got up slowly running the sleep from my eyes. I stood almost stepping on Ricky who was sprawled out on the floor. Kian moaned from the couch shifting around to make himself comfortable again. I walked around to see if anyone else was up. Sam was at Ricky's feet and Trevor in my bed but I didn't mind because it was just Trevor. Connor was in his room. I walk outside and sat up on the concrete wall that prevented people from falling of the walkway, two stories below. My dangling feet felt like it could drag me down to the ground but it didn't bother me. I had on athletic shorts and a hoodie on. I stuck my hands in my hoodie feeling a square item that I had forgotten about.

I pulled out the box of cigarettes rubbing my thumb across the title. Marlboro. My favorite when I was his costumer. I was slightly surprised at his memory thinking it would be something easily forgotten. I pulled out a cancer stick, putting it between my lips. A little piece of paper fell out. I unfolded it's rough edges and read the number printed onto it, in sloppy but readable handwriting.

I didn't light the cigarette because I was having a mental argument in my head saying if I should or not.

"Just do it." A voice says from behind me. I instantly tensed up. The voice jumped up sitting besides me. I relaxed my muscles smiling at Jc.

"You sound like an inspirational commercial besides a boy telling me to light a cigarette." I say. He takes it out of my mouth placing it between his own lips lighting it up. "I didn't know you smoked."

"Bad for my reputation" he replies taking a long drag from it. I take it from him doing the same as we share the single cigarette. "So what about you and Kian?" I sighed. I know this contradicts the way I act sometimes but I let my opinion flow out of me.

"I don't know. He's like a brother to me. You know, I love him Jc. But I'm not in love with him. There's a difference in my opinion." I confess, my words sting the air like I shouldn't've said it.

"Yeah, I understand now. You know when I was with Jenn and Lea. I loved them. I really did, still do. But I wasn't in love with them." He took the stick flicking away the ashes before taking a drag and blowing out the excess smoke.

"Do you ever feel like you'll never find the one?" I ask looking into his puppy dog eyes. His brown eyes drooped from sleep.

"Well maybe you should look for it in the people around you. I found it awhile back. Trust me it's a whole other feeling." He chuckled a little.

"Yeah. I guess so. I know a lot of people though it might take awhile for it to analyze through my dumb head." I smile.

"Yep. By the ways, I get mine from Caleb too." He smirks.

"H-how did you know?"

"Your holding his number in your hand." I fist my hands with the tiny paper in it as Jc flicks the bud across the parking lot. "I'm not telling Connor. But be sure to take my advice. You might need it one day." He smiles before walking back inside.

I thought for a second.  Who did he find that makes him feel that way?

I shrugged it off sliding my cigarettes back in my pocket. I pulled out my phone putting his number in it. I don't know what to do anymore. I really don't wanna lead Kian on. 

A/N Hello readers, two updates in one day? Yeah i have no life. Anyway I'm a little sick so i have alot of time on my hands. ANd I'm kinda not at my own house. I'm in a place where the internet sucks but I'm definitely going to update more. By the ways, crap is about to go down. So be ready. One more thing is this book is going to be closing up soon. But don't worry because there may or may not be a second one coming up. Bum-Bum-BUM!