Part 21

***3rd Person POV***

Emily sat silently on her bed. She didn't know what to think after what Milly had warned her yesterday. It had been a full day and nothing has happened yet. She hasn't seen or talked to anybody but Connor today and it made her anxious just thinking about it. Maybe, Milly was just trying to scare her off. Maybe, it was all fake and a prank pulled on her weak mind to play tricks with her head. One thing she knows was real though was the bruises that were lined across Milly's stomach. A clear image of the black and blue state her stomach was in made her want to puke up her own. She did not like this. Not one bit.

"Knock, knock, knock." Connor narrated himself as he gently knocked on Emily's door leading into her nice bedroom. He opened the door slowly sticking his head in. "Is everything okay?" He asked cautiously studying the worried look drawn out across his daughters face. He was very eerie about her today. He knew something was up when she rejected his offer to go to Taco Bell.

"Everythings fine, Con. You can come in, yah know?" She smiled as he walked in sitting in front of her crossing his legs carefully. "I'm just down in the dumps today. You get where I'm coming from?" She hadn't told Connor or anyone in that matter about what happened between her and Milly yesterday. It seemed stupid, and was, but she didn't have the guts to tell anyone what was actually going on. Her eyes wandered to the door as she saw it slightly ajar worrying someone would come through it any second now.

"Emily? Do you need ice cream? It sounds like you need ice cream!" Connor giggled grabbing his daughters wrists and leading her to the fridge. "I'm not even gonna wait for the answer because I mean who would say no to ice cream?" He gotta slight giggle out of Emi making him smiled as he opened the door to the freezer. "I know I'm suppose to be eating healthy but who cares? One bowl of deliciousness won't kill me right?" He said giving her a slight wink.

"I want cookie dough!" She practically screamed as she peered over his shoulder into the freezer. He grabbed the tub and shut the door. Before heading into the living room he grabbed two spoons. He sat on the couch, ice cream set out before him and plunges his spoon into he newly opened container. Emi gets the hint and does the same shoving a fairly large chunk of cookie dough into her mouth. "So, how has your day been?"

"Well, I mostly edited videos today because when I asked you if you wanted to do anything you instantly turned me down." He sighed into his spoonful.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I've been so jumpy today." She lied. She felt bad for what she had said but didn't know what else to say.

"That's okay, Emi. Everybody has days like that." If only he knew the half of it.

*3:00am*

He carefully opened the door revealing her exposed body. She had one leg stretched out and another one turned at a right angle. One of her fragile hands one nestled under her thighs, the other under her pillow at her head. She looked so peaceful. So innocent. Her pajamas were revealing as she was just in a sports bra and spandex. Her blanket was on the floor beside her bed. Emily. He had always admired her timid and effortless beauty. He made his way to the side of her bed making sure not to wake his 'sleeping angel'.

He regretted it but he knew what had to happen next. He slowly climbed onto the bed pulling a piece of cloth from his back pocket. She stirred making him worried for a second but she was going to wake up eventually. Right as the thought crossed his mind she turned to face him. Her eyes fluttered open squinting, trying to make out his familiar figure.

Emily slowly processed what was happening as she soon recognised him. Callum. She shot up but before she could defend herself he was on top of her, one of his large hands covering her mouth. She proceeded to scream into the palm of his hand making little noise. Callum tied the cloth around her mouth leaving her almost speechless. He walked over shutting the door and locking it.