Part 14

Shelby was the type of girl who wouldn't go down without a fight. But in the case of what happened to us she really didn't have the chance to. Shelby had a sister Milly. It was her older sister and when we went to the hospital together I met Milly.

Milly was about 5'2 and had long dark hair. Like her sister. She was a bit older than me but not by much. When me and Shelby were in the hospital Milly had occasionally came around and saw me. She always thanked me for trying to take care of her sister and would bring me small treats every now and then. She was also a lot like Shelby as in she believed everything she heard.

"So I heard some stories today going around school." Milly sat down on my hospital bed. I looked up at her.

"Ooo, more Milly Gossip. What have you got today?" I asked smiling.

"That you were the reason she's dead." Her face hardened. "You knew them didn't you? You faked it all to get attention? Didn't you? All you wanted was for everyone to pity you. For people to think poor Emily! She's so broken and crushed! But that's not how the world works darling. I figured that out a long time ago. People found out. You will never be as loved as Shelby was. You will never be anybody."

She pulled my plug.

________________

I woke up with a start. I was instantly sobbing. Not the sobs that the typical girl would have. But a gut wrenching cry that was so painful your heart broke from hearing it. I couldn't go back to that. I won't.

"Emi!?" I heard Connor yell. He came through my door and I pulled my knees in. Hugging them to my chest.

"I can't see her again! She can't find me! She can't find you!"I cried.

"Who is she? Calm down." He said calmly. He walked over to the side of my bed.

"She almost killed me. I could've died." I calmed down. My breathing slowed to a normal place. I told him yet another forbidden story of my life.

"Hey how about I see if the boys will come over tomorrow? We could have a movie night? All you gotta do is sleep and in the morning it will all be better." He soothed. "I'm sorry."