Chapter~30 Oblivious Child

Early update! It's short but it's early right? :) sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes :P

Be yourself cookies! You're amazing just the way you are *starts to sing* and when you smile the whole world stops and stares for a while! Cause you're amazing just the way you are!

ENJOY! *Throws hot, fresh, soft, baked, chocolate chip cookies at all of you* Hope you like!

*Skylar's POV*

It was hard to process that in my mind the fact Caleb quit. He quit on me. He's not coming back to tutor me anymore. But how come I don't feel better at all? It that it. Is he really never coming back?

Maybe he will come back. Maybe he'll be like "just kidding" or something.

"Skylar, I-"

"Caleb!" I smile with relief.

"No, Caleb just left. He told me he quits," my mother says with a frown and I copy her face.

"Yeah, I know."

"What did you do to make him quit?" My mother asks solemnly. "Skylar."

"I did nothing! Okay! Can we talk later I'm not feeling so well," I tell her.

"Alright...." She trails off. She then leaves my room.

I let out a sigh and lay on my back on my bed. I decided to call Lacey and tell about what happened. All I needed was my best friend at the moment. I grabbed my phone from the desk beside my bed and called Lacey.

"Lacey, I need you now," I say once she answered the phone.

"I'll be there in a minute. Mom wants me to feed the dog," she explains.

"Okay, hurry Lace it's important!" With that I hung up. I stayed laying down as I waited for her to come.

When Lacey finally arrived I told her about everything that just happened. How I wasn't graduating to how Caleb quit on me. She just listen to me without interrupting.

"I can believe he quit on me." I still couldn't believe that fact.

"But Skylie, you said you didn't want him as a tutor. Shouldn't you be happy he's gone?" She asks.

"No, I feel horrible..." I tell her truthfully.

"Why?"

"Because it's not his fault I'm not graduating it's mine. I blamed him... Why must I be so stupid! I was just mad and... And... Ugh! Caleb makes me say all these things I don't mean to say. Now I can't say anything stupid because he's not here anymore," I rant getting more frustrated by the minute.

"Do you want him here?" Lacey asked me.

"Do I?" I answer her unsure. "It feels weird knowing that's it. He quit. He won't be stopping by anymore. I wouldn't have someone to be annoyed at. I wouldn't have someone to make me so frustrated. Or someone to make me smile from his adorable stupid cuteness! This boy makes me feel all these feelings and I hate it."

"Feelings, huh?" Lacey smirked. "Do continue."

And so I did. I continued on rambling.

"Yeah, whenever he's next to me I feel like my stomach is going to explode, or my heart is going to jump out of my chest - as cliche as it sounds. I don't know. I can't describe it but no one ever made me feel this way before! This is all so new. I'm so confused!" I let out a frustrated sigh.

I look at my best friend with a pout. She was grinning at me from ear to ear. It creeped me out. She looked like the cat from Alice In Wonderland.