Chapter 13-Deeper

"Darla. Please answer me." Zayn said.

I sat in bed staring at the blank wall. I was sitting in bed all day.

"I'm good." I said monotone.

"What's going on with you?" He asks.

"I just don't feel like talking." I said still staring at the wall.

"Well be happy management called off the dance rehearsal. Tomorrow you need to dance." He said said sitting beside me. I avoid looking at him. I felt him staring at me.

"Okay."I say like I'm not paying attention.

He started talking, but I tuned out.

Everything right now is killing me on the inside and is starting to show on the outside. Someone so sweet and innocent looking could be ruthless and evil. Ashlyn and Ashley are two people who could/have ruined my life.

Ashley was different when I was two different people. She was cold to one of them. She was sweet and nice to the other.

Ashlyn was a troublemaker. She was just not right. I feel bad for Justin. Played by the player of the game.

The only thing right in my life is my real friend Sam and my boyfriend Zayn.

The only things I know that are true. Sam was sweet, never had I ever seen her yell with anger unless she was joking. She always was honest. She always made sure I was in conversations.

Zayn was quiet. To me he was like a best friend. He was very protective. When I had my breakdown he made sure I'm still alive. He made sure I felt comfortable and safe.

Zayn snapping his fingers cut me out of my thoughts.

"Darla, would you at least tell me you don't want to talk." He says. His voice shaky.

"I do. I'm ready to talk now. I just need some time to go deep into my mind." I said softly.

"You may start." He said.

I described my thoughts to him he watched and listened. He understood everything. He was hurt like I am being hurt.

When I was done, I had tears streaming down my face. Luckily I had no makeup, so no mascara running. He was holding my hand softly. Pity in his eyes. He wiped one of my tears and said words I listened to.

"People throw rocks at things that shine."