Chapter 20-How To Be A Heartbreaker

Niall called Simon getting Sam and I a private jet to fly to Tennessee.

Sam was coming with me so I won't die. She is the best friend I've ever had.

Sam puts all her stuff in her green suit case.

"We are going to my place. That's Tennessee." Her voice cracks as she speaks.

She was upset she had to leave Niall. I understand.

Once she got done we walked out the room. Niall was driving us to the airport.

We walked down the stairs, because none of us felt like using the elevator.

We got to the lobby and we walked to the van. It was black and shiny.

Then a shriek called out my name.

"DARLA!! DARLA!!!" I turned my head to the ear busting scream.

It was Zayn. I rubbed my eyes. They were red and puffy from all the tears.

"Don't touch me!" I jerk my hand away as he grabs my hands when he catches up.

"Let me explain." He says calmly.

"No need." I say harshly. I open the door and let Sam in and shut it in his face.

Niall starts driving as fast as he's allowed to.

I can't believe the only person, besides Sam, doesn't even really love me. The only person that understood what I was going through. Understand to be different. He betrayed me.

We arrive at the airport.

When I remember that I forgot to pack my necklace. Whatever. He can keep it.

I take a deep breath and get out of the van. I hear a whimper from Sam.

"You don't have to come." I say.

"Yes I have to. For you." She says to me.

She intertwines her fingers in Niall's.

A tear rolls down her cheek. Niall wipes it.

They have a realationship people would kill for.

Everything so perfect for them. No worries needed.

We walk to Gate 17. Where are plane was.

Sam says to Niall. "I will Skype. I promise. But promise to not tell Zayn where we are or that we are together."

"I will." He says.

They share a long, sweet kiss. They hug and do another quick kiss.

Sam gives me a knowing look, grabs my hand and confidently walk to the gate. We both look behind us to see Niall wave. I smile.

I will forget the past and move on.

Sam and I walk forward into the plane. We settle down.

The plane take off. I look out at the window. Goodbye California. Everything I will leave behind me. Start new.

Live differently. I'm not Darla Walts or Darla Joe anymore. I'm me.

Darla Erika Joe. That's who I am.

No one else left to be, but me.

A thing I realize is the hard part about this wasn't losing him. It was losing me.

I told myself not to get attached

And this is when the feeling sinks in.

A tear slides down my face as I realize I lost my self. I lost everything.

_______

A/N

This is the ending. I was crying while writing this. I used some lyrics from Come Back....Be Here. It's by Taylor Swift. Listen to it.

Well this is the last chapter of Darker. That means the next book, Dimmer, is gonna have some stuff to surprise you.

So poor Darla and Sam are going to Tennessee. That's my state. Darla is gonna do quite some life changing things in the new book.

It's already posted. The first chapter will be posted soon.

Louis: Wait a minute!

What the hell are you doing here!?

Louis: Making my big appearance.

Louis you can do that in the next book.

Louis: I better. Well bye.

Kissesxx,

Sam