Chapter 9-Rude Awakening

-Darla's POV-

La la la! I was sitting on a carousel at a fair.

Zayn and I were next to each other. Liam and Ash behind and so forth.

Zayn and I got off and he grabbed my hand. We skipped off to a ice cream cart.

"I want chocolate!" I cheered.

"Darla wake up!" He yelled.

I looked at him confused.

"Wake up!" He yelled again and my eyes fluttered open.

"What?" I asked sleepily.

"We are at the hotel." He said sweetly.

"I really shouldn't have drank that beer." I lied.

"You drank a beer?!?" He yelled

"No. Now chill. Just messing with you." I said as I got up. I searched for my iPod.

"Have you seen my iPod?" I asked. He nodded.

"Where?" I asked.

"First who's this Ashley chick? It's not the Ashley you brought is it?." He asked. She must have texted me. I had an iPod and a phone.

"No one!" I lied trying to fake smile.

"Is it the Ashley brought? It sounds like it. But it's like she's talking to a different person." He asked stern.

"No." I gulped.

"Darla I want you safe please tell me." He said pleading.

"Nope it's Darla Joe's iPod" it's the truth, you said.

"Well Ashley is still bullying and you are hiding something. Please tell me. I swear not to tell a soul." He said with pity.

I start holding back tears. I hug him.

"I....we....uh....I'm two different people." I said shaky.

"What?" He said confused.

"I'm two people. Darla Walts and Darla Joe." Shakiness in my voice.

"Why?" He asked.

"I wanted a life away from being bullied." I said hugging him tight.

"It's okay." He said as he rubbed my back. "C'mon we are going to the room. If you want you can explain."

He picked me up bridal style and carried me to our room. Tears stained my face.

Ash was outside her room when she saw me. She rushed to me, but Zayn and I ignored her.

He put me down on the bed. "Want to explain?" He asked softly.

I explained everything. From the beginning of school to now. How Ashley was my friend when I was Darla Walts, but my enemy as Darla Joe. He was mad that I lied, but understood.

His strong arms wrapped around me. We laid on the bed. I wanted to escape. So I went to sleep.