32

Kyle hands me a cup of tea. "Thanks," I say, taking a sip of the hot liquid.

"So, what happened?" he asks.

"We got into an argument," I say.

"You and Dylan?"

"Yeah," I nod my head.

"Did he do that to you?" Kyle asks, pointing to my bruising arm.

I nod, tears pricking my eyes.

"It's okay, Sarah," he comforts, embracing me.

"It's not okay," I say, crying. "I rushed into that relationship with him and I feel so stupid."

"You're not stupid," Kyle says.

"I didn't try to get to know him. I didn't know he would hurt me," I say.

"He has done this before?" Kyle asks.

"Yeah. Not many times, like once or twice," I say.

"One time is one time too many, Sarah," Kyle says. I cry into his shoulder.

"Are you done with him?" he asks quietly.

"Yes. Definitely."

"Good," he says. "I don't want to see you hurt again." He rubs my back until I've calmed down enough.

"Why don't we get you to bed," Kyle says. I nod.

He takes me into his bedroom and lays me down. I'm too exhausted to tell him to let me sleep on the couch. He wouldn't let me anyway.

"Goodnight, Sarah," Kyle says, leaving the bedroom and leaving the door cracked.

"Goodnight, Kyle," I repeat.

I close my eyes and fall asleep.

In the morning, I wake up to the savory smell of bacon. I get up and go see what's going on.

Kyle is busy in the kitchen whipping up a big breakfast.

"When did you learn how to cook?" I ask.

"Oh, good morning, sleepyhead," Kyle says. "Janna taught me."

"You're still with her?" I ask.

"Yes," he says smiling.

"Great! I'm glad!" I smile back at him. "Where is she anyway?"

"She had to baby sit her nephew for a few days. She'll be back tonight."

"Wicked," I say. Kyle looks at me funny.

"What?" I ask.

"Wicked? You've been around Dan for too long," he says chuckling.

"I've always said wicked," I say. I got it from Dan, but I've said it for a long time because of him.

"Sure," Kyle says. "Here, your breakfast is ready." He hands me a plate full of pancakes and bacon.

"Thank you," I say, starting to eat.

"That was good, Kyle," I tell him after I've finished eating.

"I'm pretty proud of that," Kyle says. "Too bad Janna wasn't here to witness it." I laugh a little.

"I've missed you guys so much," I say.

"Believe me, we've missed you too," he says. I smile. He tells me about touring and other things that have happened since we last saw each other.

"I'm really proud of you," I say. "I can't express it enough."

"Thanks," Kyle smiles.

"I need to get my things," I say, realizing that I don't have any clothes other than what's on my back.

"I'll take you," he says. "I'm not going to let you go by yourself."

"Thank you," I say.

We leave to get my things. Luckily, Dylan has left. I go into the bedroom and pack my clothes quickly.

When I'm finished packing I take one last look around the flat. The pictures of us don't look very appealing. I put them all down on their face, write him a note and then leave.

It feels good to leave. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

"You can just take me home," I say.

"You can stay with Janna and I," Kyle says.

"No, no," I say. "I don't want to intrude."

"Okay," he says, driving towards my parents house.

"I'll see you later," I tell Kyle. "Thank you for all you've done."

"I'm here for you. See ya," he says, driving off.

I walk up to the familiar door and knock on it. I know I don't have to, but I feel like I should.

"Sarah!" my mother answers. She hugs me tightly.

"Hi, Mum," I say, hugging her back.

I greet my father and also give him a hug.

"What about me?" someone says from behind me. I turn around.

"Louis!" I say, hugging him. He hugs me back.

"What have you been up to?" he asks.

"Well, I broke up with Dylan," I say.

"Awe honey," my mum says.

"It's okay," I say. "It needed to be done."

"Where are you going to stay?" my father asks.

"Here, if that's okay," I say.

"You can stay with me," Louis says. "I'm not that far from here."

"Okay," I smile at him.

Louis drives me to his flat not too far from the tube. It's a cozy place, just big enough for two people.

"Thank you, Louis. I really appreciate this," I say.

"Don't mention it," he says.

He shows me around and then leaves me to get unpacked in the spare bedroom. There is a maroon bedspread already laying across the king sized bed. I plop my suitcase on it and start unpacking my clothes.

"Dinner is ready if you want it," Louis tells me.

"Okay, I'll be out in a minute," I say.

I finish in my room and go out to the kitchen. Louis is sitting quietly at the table. He has steak, broccoli and mashed potatoes on his plate. I didn't know he could cook.

"Is it good?" Louis asks me.

"Yes, oh my god," I say. "It's delicious." I savor the steak. It's perfectly seasoned and tender as could be.

"I didn't tell you happy birthday yesterday," he says.

"Thanks," I smile at him.

"You old fart," he says with a straight face. I laugh, making him look at me and laugh as well.

I never thought that I would be living with my brother. I guess one person can change a lot of things in someone's life.

A/N
Sorry, kind of a filler chapter. Things will be getting better, hopefully. I'll try my best to make them longer and more appealing to read. X