49

I wake up on my side. My back is pushed against the coach. I'm curled up into a ball. My face is stiff from the tears that have dried on my face. I don't cry, even though I probably could. I don't have anymore tears left to shed. I've cried them all out yesterday.

I sigh and begin to get up. As I do so I feel a little lightheaded. It's from crying so much and I just woke up. I walk into the bathroom and look at myself. My hair is a knotted mess, my face is pale, and I have bags under my eyes. I splash some water onto my face to wake myself up a little. I need a shower, but I'll get a bath after breakfast. I walk back out into the kitchen to fix myself some kind of breakfast. If Louis was here he would cook me some eggs and bacon or something. But I'm in no mood to cook and I'm not all that hungry.

I finish my breakfast of cereal and some Nutella toast. I go back into the bathroom and start a hot bath. I find some bath bubbles and pour it into the tub. I undress and slowly step into the bath. I sink down until my head is just above the water. I close my eyes and lay my head back. It's peaceful, but I hate silence. I need some other noise.

"You're a dumbass, Sarah. You didn't even bring music," I say aloud to myself.

A few moments later I hear a quiet hum. It's not like it's some machine or anything because it's irregular. It has rhythm. Someone's here. I stay quiet, listening to the strangers humming. It sounds almost familiar. I keep my head turned towards the open door, which was smart on my part. (Sarcasm btw).

The stranger pokes their head into the doorway. The familiar humming makes sense now. The strangers once tall and neat quiff is nothing but a messy Afro. His beautiful blue eyes are now a slight grayish color.

"How're you feeling?" Dan asks.

"I c-could be better," I stutter. I hate this stuttering thing.

"Are you still upset with me? With us?" he asks.

"Yeah, but I can m-manage," I say.

"I'm sorry. You deserved to know right away," he says.

"But I understand why you didn't," I say. Finally, a fluent sentence. Dan just nods. He stays standing at the doorway and looks down at his shoes.

"Dan?" I say, gaining his attention again.

"Yes?"

"Can you l-leave, please? I-I'm not iiin the mood f-for people," I say. He swallows and his eyes flicker with a sadness I never thought was possible to be in a person like him.

"Yeah," he says quietly. "I-I'll let you be."

"Thanks," I say. He nods and looks at me before he walks away. I hear the soft click of the door and I sink lower into the tub.

After my hands and feet start turning into prunes I get out. I dry off and put on a baggy shirt of Louis's and a pair of sweatpants. I lounge around the flat for the rest of the day, eating pizza and Ben & Jerry's. I don't have a phone, so I guess tomorrow I'll go out and get a new one. I'll probably get groceries too. I need to do something to get Louis off of my mind.

A/N
Sorry for such a short chapter, but this is pretty hard to write. I'm basically just writing some filler, that is actually important, to get to where I wanna go with this. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I hope you like this story so far! Thanks for the continuous support! Again, I'm so sorry for the really short chapter! X