52

Will stayed that night and made me breakfast in the morning. He left, leaving me alone to my thoughts once again.

I decide to go get the groceries I was supposed to get the other day. I fix myself up fairly decent and make my way to the market. I pick out the many vegetables and meats and other things I need for the house.

"Sarah?" a voice comes from behind me. I turn around to look at who called me.

"Dylan?" I say, recognizing my ex.

"How are you? I've heard about your accident," he says. "And, um, I-I'm sorry about Louis." I look down, already feeling the tears swell in my eyes.

"It'll be okay," Dylan reassures me. A tear falls from my eye and down my cheek. I wipe it away before he notices am them look up at him.

"T-thanks," I say, smiling weakly at him. He embraces me and I start to silently cry into his shoulder. It's not awkward like I thought it would be. It's just like it used to be, warm and thoughtful.

"I'm sorry," he says.

"For w-what?" I ask, wiping my face.

"Everything. Hurting you, your accident, Louis," he explains.

"Dylan, i-it's o-okay," I say.

"It's not. I wish I never hurt you like that and I promise I won't ever do it again. I miss you, Sarah. I want you back. I've realized that you have made my life so much more brighter and you keep me in check. I need you in my life," he says.

"Dylan-" "I still love you, Sarah," he cuts me off, leaving me speechless. His eyes show sincerity. They glow with that passion I saw the first time I met him. My chest burns. I'm not exactly sure what to do since I'm with Dan, but honestly, I've missed Dylan too. I've kept it to myself, but I still have that attraction towards him.

"I-I don't k-know w-what to say," I stutter.

"You don't have to say anything," he says, putting his forehead against mine and staring me in the eyes like he always did when he felt affectionate. My heart races and I can feel myself getting excited. But it feels wrong and I can't do this.

"C-Can you just h-help me take my g-groceries h-home?" I ask him, pulling away from him.

"Of course," he says. He knows something's up, but doesn't speak about it. I check out and Dylan and I walk silently to the flat.

"T-Thank you," I say to him.

"You're welcome," he says. "I gotta run, but if you need me, just call." He kisses my cheek and gives me a hug before he leaves the flat. I stand there awkwardly for a minute before slowly putting away my groceries.

I feel really bad about this. In many ways.