61

A few days passed and I'm sitting on the couch as I get a call. I look at the number and see that it's unknown.

I answer it hesitantly, "H-Hello?"

"Hello, is this Sarah Rayburn?" an older, but kind voice asks.

"Yes, may I ask who this is?"

"I'm Loretta, the lady from the library. I'm calling to inform you that I've accepted your application," she says.

"Oh my gosh, really?" I ask excited.

"Yes, honey, really," she smiles.

"Thank you! When can I start?" I ask, eager to get started.

"How about Monday? From seven to six?" she says.

"Perfect! I can't wait," I tell her.

"Glad to hear that. I'll see you Monday morning," she says.

"Yes, ma'am. Thank you so much!" I say.

"Have a wonderful evening," she says.

"You too," I reply. We hang up and I twirl around in the middle of the living room.

"I got a job at a library, Louis," I say quietly into the flat. "Strange I know, but I have always liked books and libraries." I smile like he's here with me. He would probably laugh at how ridiculous I am.

I can't wait to tell Dan.

I sit back down on the couch, smiling and clutching my phone in my hand.

After I've gotten a shower and eaten dinner Dan calls.

"Dan! Guess what!" I say as soon as I answer the phone.

"Oh, hello there," he says.

"Dan, guess!"

"What? I dunno!" he says, chuckling at my excitement.

"I got a job!" I say.

"Really? Finally! What is it?" he asks.

"At the library," I say.

"Ooh, so I got myself a sexy librarian," he says, a smirk in his voice.

"Dan," I giggle and blush.

"Oh no," I hear him say before that familiar crackling sound blasts through the speaker.

"Kyle! No!" Dan says, clearly trying to get away from the childlike man that is his best friend.

"Give me the phone, Dan," Kyle says.

"No!" I hear some grunt ing and then it gets quiet again.

"Sorry," Dan's voice comes through the speaker this time. "I've locked myself in the loo." I just laugh. "I think he heard me say 'sexy librarian'."

"Probably," I laugh.

"I've missed your laughing face," he says, chuckling.

"I've missed your resting bitch face," I giggle.

"I have one of those?" he asks.

"No, but you could if you tried," I say, smiling.

"I'll have to try it sometime," he says.

"I'm excited," I say.

"About?"

"Work!"

"Oh, yeah, I would be too," he says. "I'm excited to come home so I can hold my sexy librarian after she's libraried all day."

"Libraried?" I laugh.

"I made a new verb," he says. "I studied English Lit. in Uni, remember?"

"I remember," I say. "I can't wait for you to come home either."

"It's only a little over a week. I'll be back before you know it," he says.

"I know," I say. "I just want you."

"I want you too, babe," he says.

"Babe."

I bite my lip. I can't take his man calling me names like that. It's too much to handle.

The conversation goes on for a while longer until he says he has to leave.

"I'll text you later," he says.

"Looking forward to it," I say. We hang up and I lay on the couch. I smile. I watch the tv until Dan texts me, which is when I'll crawl into bed.

A/N
Sorry this is short, but I needed a bit of filler before I get into something's. Enjoy and thanks for the support! X