The Celtic Knot

My eyes fluttered open, despite my unwillingness to wake up. The stupid sun was just too bright in my eyes to ignore. It wasn't full-blown sunshine, but rather, muted and somehow whiter. I could tell without even looking in the direction of my window that it was snowing out. About freaking time! I had been waiting for it to snow forever! With newfound excitement I bolted out of bed, ignoring the head rush that accompanied all the blood flowing to my brain, and ran to the window.

Blake had the only bedroom without a window, the guest room. I quickly hollered his name. "Blake!" When I didn't hear a response, I figured he was still asleep, but I didn't care. "BLAKE! Get up!"

A few moments later he came rushing into my room, his hair disheveled and his clothes twisted on his body. "What- what is it?" he stammered breathlessly.

I giggled at his confusion. "Nothing, silly. But guess what? It's snowing!" I jumped up and down like a five-year-old, and he rolled his eyes. I couldn't wipe the goofy grin off my face.

"Seriously? You yell at the top of your lungs, making me think there's somebody in here strangling you or something, and you tell me that it's snowing," he said flatly, his face deadpan. He then shook his head and allowed a small smile to creep onto his mouth. "You're a piece of work, Annabelle."

I smiled at that. "I know. You know you love me!" I teased, fluffing my hair and going to my closet to get dressed for the day. Blake stayed in the room, more than used to me dressing in front of him by now, and sat on the edge of the bed. He watched me meticulously while I pulled on my comfortable grey sweatpants and a plain, light blue cotton t-shirt. It was only after I put it on and stood there for a while, looking in the full-length mirror, that I realized you could see my pink polka-dotted bra through it.

Blake started chortling behind me, and I shot him a glare. "Shut up, Blake."

"Oh come on," he said in a mocking voice. "You know you love me."

I walked up in front of him, disregarding the fact that he could totally see through my shirt right now, and hugged him, wiggling back and forth, finally pulling back to pinch his cheeks. I knew he hated that. "Ofcourse I do, you silly boy!" I planted a big fat kiss on his cheek before releasing him and smiling.

"You're awful, you know that?" he asked, rubbing his cheeks where I'd pinched them. The seriousness of his accusation was dispelled by the fact that he was smiling like a little kid on Christmas.

I didn't answer, I only giggled. I knew I made him mad sometimes, but it was times like these - where we were just kidding and could laugh it all away - that made it all worth it. And he had done so much for me already... From saving me from the mugger to begin with, to fighting off the three guys at the party, to simply being there as a best friend, he'd done so much. I didn't know if I deserved it all.

Blake seemed to notice I was lost in thought, because I hadn't made a move to change my shirt yet. "Annabelle?" he questioned. "You okay?"

I snapped out of it. "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry." I stared down at myself, unsure that I wanted to change the shirt. It was so comfortable... "I'm gonna have to ask you to leave," I told him, biting my lip. I never asked him to leave my room.

"Huh?" he replied intelligently.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, you can stay, but I'm warning you." With that I took off my shirt and started to reach around my back to undo the hooks on my bra.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, okay I get it, I'm... turning around," he finished in a rush, putting his hand in front of his eyes at my sudden movements.

I chuckled. "You're such a prude," I told him, not bothering to keep the laughter from my voice.