CHAPTER 31 "The Wait"

I had the weirdest day at the university. Almost every person came up to me and asked about Zayn. Some just gave me disgusting looks. But mostly it was fine. It was break time when I got a text from Zayn saying that he would come to pick me up so I was a little nervous as I walked out and looked for him. He sent me a text saying he was in the car so I looked around and spotted his black Volvo. I sat in the car and to my surprise Zayn just leaned in and kissed me without saying anything.

"Wow somebody seems happy" I said as he pulled back and laughed.

"I've got a news for you" he said. "Actually two"

"Okay? And?" I asked.

"I'm thinking which one should I tell first.." He smirked.

"Zaayynn! Stop teasing me!" I whined and he laughed.

"Alright alright" he said in between his laughter before continuing. "First thing is that Soha's visa will be here by tomorrow so she can be with us by the weekend"

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed and he hushed me before I could say anything else.

"Listen to the second news and then get excited al together" he chuckled. "So, i was talking to my manager about you. Just casually. So I told him that you're pursuing journalism and he said that he could get you a part time job at the Tiger Beat Magazine!" He said and I covered my mouth with both my hands. I was shocked.

"Babe. React." Zayn said after a few moments of silence.

"Zayn I'm speechless. I really don't know what to say. Do I even deserve this?" I answered.

"You obviously do, babe! I've seen your work and trust me it was amazing. And this is a great opportunity for you as you'll get to learn so much!" He said as he took my hands in his. I looked up, smiled at him and then gave him a hug.

"Thank you so much, babe. You're the best!" I said, not breaking the hug.

"We should go now. Let's give our Lou his happy news too" Zayn said and chuckled.

We drove to Louis' apartment. I'd never been here before. We rang the doorbell and he opened the door wearing a sky blue tank top with a pair of grey trousers.

"Oh hey! I didn't know you guys were coming" Louis said as he saw us and gestures us to come in.

"Yeah well this was a sudden plan. We wanted to tell you something" Zayn said and looked at me as I stood there with a huge grin on my face.

"Tell me what?" Louis turned around and looked at us confused.

"Should I tell him? No you tell. No I'll tell him!" I spoke really fast because I was so excited. Zayn laughed and began to speak.

"So-"

"SOHA IS COMING HERE THIS WEEKEND!" I cut Zayn's sentence and screamed it out and Zayn bursted out laughing while Louis stood there with his eyes wide open.

"She what?!" Louis gasped and his bright blue eyes still popping out.

"Bro, don't say that you didn't hear that. I'm sure that went till the neighbors" Zayn said as he tried to catch his breath and I giggled.

"Wow, that-that's amazing. I mean, that's nice." Louis spoke as he looked around and scratched the back of his head.

"Yeah she's going to be here for a month and it'll be a lot of fun" I said.

"I'm sure it is" Louis replied. He was smitten.

"Okay cool then, we'll see you around" Zayn said and gave Louis a little hug. I ran up to him and gave him a tight hug before walking out with Zayn.

LOUIS' P.O.V

Wow. This was so overwhelming. Soha was going to be here for a whole month? With me! Oh man, I'm going to make this worth the while. She's so beautiful, I can't believe I'll get to see her everyday. Her eyes, her smile, her hair. Her.
I'm such an idiot. I really hope that I don't make a fool of myself in front of her. Yes, sure she likes me as a friend but does she like me more than that? Will she hold my hand when we walk together? Will she kiss me back if I kiss her? I'm going to go crazy thinking about all this.
I do want her to know about my feelings towards her but I'm not going to tell her unless I get a feeling that she likes me back. Because whatever happens, I would never want to lose her. I'm not going to make a stupid move and spoil my relationship with her. My thoughts were interrupted when my phone started ringing and surprisingly it was her.

"Hello?" I said with a smile on my face.

"Hey, Lou. Guess what?" She asked.

"You're coming this weekend?" I asked her and she gasped.

"Wait, what? I am?" She sounded surprised.

"Well yeah, Zayn and Lubna just dropped by and told me that you're coming this to weekend. Maybe, I told you that before they could. Oops." I said and she laughed.

"Oh my god, Lou! This is so exciting! I-" she stopped talking as I heard her mom call out her name. "Ugh I'm so sorry, Lou, I gotta go. But I'll call you soon, kay? Take care" she added.

"You too. Bye" I said and she hung up.

I sat on the couch with my eyes closed and a smile on my face. I couldn't wait for her to come here. I couldn't wait for her to be with me.