Chapter 21 - Reunion

Kate's pov:
Blake has been gone for hours. I know he would keep in touch with me every damn minute if he had the chance to. I get the feeling that something has happened. Something has to have happened because I can't get to him through link no matter how hard I try. My wolf is getting worried too. She has even better instincts than me so if she's worrying, I worry even more.

He would've said something by now, right? I ask her as I sit in our room, holding on to the carpet that only a few hours ago, covered my son and daughter. I'm praying deep inside of me that they are both okay. A couple of days ago I only had one child, Damian. Now I have a daughter who is half my age. I'm not gonna lie, accepting her was a challenge given that I had just managed to overcome the loss of our unborn baby-girl. For some reason however, I felt surprisingly at ease with her company. It must've been my mother's instinct.

He would've told us something, but we should not give up on him. I'm trying hard not to so don't you dare plant something in my head. She answers as I keep staring out the window, hoping for the three of them to appear by the tree lines. Every time I look over there though, I don't see them. I keep hoping that any movement I spot is them. To my disappointment is only the guards lurking around, keeping a watch out for Blake's father. If Blake manages to get our kids, I'm sure his father will be right behind him with deadly intentions.

I look back down on the blanket. It used to be warm. For a couple of minutes it was warm, covering my two most precious possessions in this life next to Blake. In probably less than five minutes, they were both taken. Something did seem out of place when I woke up. My head was heavier than it normally is after sleeping. There was just this gut feeling about something being wrong that eventually woke me up. Or, maybe I was the one to wake you up...

A smile actually manages to appear on my face. I keep forgetting to give her the credit that she actually deserves. I pull my legs closer to my chest and rest my chin on top of my knees. I keep hoping for something to happen out there, something good obviously. After I close my eyes for a short moment, I hear the door open in the far end of the room and I hear the sound of wheels. I turn my head to see Alec make his way over to me.

- Hey, how are you holding up in here?

He asks. He's very affected by the situation. He adores my little boy more than anything in the world. He hasn't been as confident and loud since it happened, mostly because he needed Robbie to keep him companied. They both worried about me, but I wanted to be on my own for a while. My wolf has helped me through these last couple of hours.

- I would be much better if my family was here with me...

I answer. He nods his head in agreement.

- Yeah, I know. So would the rest of us...

He answers.

- I keep staring out the window, hoping for something...waiting for something to happen. I'm almost scared that if I turn my head away, I'm gonna miss out on something I should've seen.

Alec nods weakly. I hear him sigh deeply after a while.

- Well...probably a bad timing for a joke, but I hardly look down on my toes because I know nothing's changed down there...

I almost have to hold back a chuckle.

- It'll be a matter of time, Alec.

I answer as I see him for once turn his head down to look at them. I shake my head lightly with a smile covering my face as I look back out the window.

- Yeah, they keep telling me that...

I barely see him at the corner of my eyes before I hear him gasp over something.