Chapter 9 - "Your Father..."

Blake's pov:
The thunder is still rumbling outside the window as Ivy clings to my body for dear life. I'll bet she's had her fair share of storms in her life. Probably in conditions less safe than this one so she's not used to actually being as safe as she is. She crouches her body and leans against my chest as I hold my arms around her and keep an eye out the window. This storm just came out of nowhere and I sensed something being hit by the lightening because the walls shook and a few pictures even fell down. I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

- What did she mean by a special somebody?

Ivy suddenly asks as she seems to be a little calmer. I snap out of my trail of thoughts before I look down on her.

- What?

- Kate...she said she was going to pick up a special somebody that was also afraid of the lightening like me...

I nod weakly as I come to realize something. I only met Ivy today, a daughter I've barely come to know, and already, she's going to learn about a half-brother that she didn't know existed. I did know that eventually she would find out because we'd have to tell her, I just hope this isn't too soon for her. I hope they both just accept each other.

- That special somebody is a boy and that boy is your half-brother...

I let out carefully as she eventually turns her head up towards me.

- I have a brother?

She asks me curious if anything.

- Yes, you do. Kate and I had a little boy four years ago. Kate and I met less than a year before that so our family expanded fast. Now, it's growing even bigger with you in it...

I let out as I look down on her anxiously. She seems to be more relieved than anything. I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm really relieved to see her be so calm about it. Before I can tell her anything about Damian, the door opens and Kate walks in with him on her hip. Ivy immediately turns curious on him as she turns around and Damian spots her. Kate and I lock eyes for a moment.

- Who are you?

Damian asks, directing the question at Ivy who's still sitting on my lap. Ivy looks up at me, as if asking me to say something to him. I look over at Kate for a moment. This is a complete maze where one person turns to the other for some wise words and that person doesn't quite seem to have them.

- Damian, this is Ivy. She was found in the woods a few hours earlier today and it turns out that she is your older sister...

Kate is the one to actually say it as Damian looks back and forth between me, Kate and Ivy. He must be able to sense that something doesn't quite add up, but he doesn't seem to care much about it as Kate lets him down and he fearlessly walks over to the bed.

- If you're my sister, where have you been? Why haven't you been here?

He asks. Ivy looks over at me and then over at Kate.

- I've-I've been here and there. The last couple of weeks I've been in the woods looking for dad...

She answers, looking nervously up at me. I take a deep breath and pad her gently on the back as Damian turns towards Kate.

- She's quite a survivor...

Kate goes on before someone suddenly bursts through the door. Ivy immediately seeks comfort with me as Kate and I both look surprised towards the door to see Robbie all panicky and sweaty. I can almost sense the distress in his wolf and it's getting worse by the minute. I make eye contact with Kate and we both agree to take this outside the room.