Lovers & Friends: Fourteen

Alex found a parking space then Camila and I were running as fast as our heels would take us inside the building. The security guard recognized Alex and me and let us in and as well as gave the three of us passes. Once we were inside we met up with Kev who looked relieved to see me.

"Oh thank God they got you here!" He exclaimed.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"It's Trey. He's a fucking mess since you left him. He's missing cues and forgetting lyrics in every show. I think I saw a few people leave."

"Damn." Alex muttered.

"Well what I can do?" I wondered.

"Take him the fuck back." Kev begged me.

"That's why she's here." Alex reassures Kev.

"Amina I want you to go on stage and surprise Trey." Kev tells me.

"Okay."

"Come with me." Kev guides me closer to the stage and from my spot I could see Trey. He's facing the audience taking slow steps across the stage. He was dressed comfortably in a pair of black jeans and a black T-shirt. The crowd was silent as they waited for Trey to speak.

"I was wrong. I see that now. You let me hold something so beautiful but I couldn't even comprehend how valuable it was until I dropped it. I broke it. You gathered up the pieces before I could try to pick em up. I wrote this song- you'll know it when you hear it, and know that every night when I sing it, I'll be thinking of you." Trey spoke solemnly into the mic. The beginning of a beat to a song that I didn't recognize begin to play and Trey started harmonizing into the mic before he started singing.

"Go." Kev urged me softly after Trey finished the first two lines of this new song. I took a deep breath to prepare myself; to prepare myself to go on stage in front of thousands of people. To prepare myself to see and forgive Trey. Once I was ready I took my first step on the stage and the screams became louder. Trey turned his head to see what made the fans go crazy and his eyes widen when he sees me. I keep my face expressionless as I continue to walk over to him.

"And it's not your fault," Trey brought the mic to his lips and sang. "That I fumbled you hearrrt. Should've let go of my past for you," He continued to sing while staring into my eyes. "You did everything I asked for you. Drive across the country if I asked you to. But I'm just bad for you. I'm bad news... I fumbled your heart!" Trey erased the distance between and rested his hands on my waist. At this point he stopped singing and just stared at me. I could see his eyes shining with unshed tears and could see the genuine regret he felt over what he did. But what shined the brightest was the love in his eyes for me. Wordlessly I bring both of my hands up to his face and pull him forward so we could kiss. His lips mold with my own and Trey's tongue is inside of my mouth before I can brace myself. I welcome it though, my own tongue fighting for dominance before giving into Trey. I melt the same time his arms wrap around my waist and pull me flush against his body.

I'm the first to break the kiss. "Please don't hurt me again." I whisper against his lips just loud enough for him to hear.

"I won't baby." Trey promises before he captures my lips with his. Once again I'm a puddle in his arms and I gasp surprise when he lifts me from the ground and I wrap my legs around his waist the same time I wrap my arms around his neck to keep from falling. But still neither of us break the kiss. The only reason I pull away is because I need to breathe.

"You have a show to finish." I tell him and Trey turned his head, as if he almost forgot that we were standing on stage in front of thousands of people. He smiled that devishly handsome smile of his that had every girl in audience screaming even louder because of how adorable he became in that second, then he leaned down and picked up the mic that I didn't even realize fell.

"I'm sorry y'all I got a little carried away." He laughed softly into the mic. "Hold up a minute please." Trey said before turning to me and holding out a hand. He walked me close to the back of the stage. He barely acknowledged his brother, Camilla, or his manager before he locked his eyes on me. "Stay here." Trey ordered me.

"I'm not going anywhere." I tell him truthfully. I knew in that moment after he kissed my lips then spun around and headed back to the audience that Trey was it for me. I would never want anyone else.

-------------------------------------------------------

The next chapter will be longer.

Thanks for reading!

Please, please, please COMMENT and vote!

Hope you like this chapter.