Lovers & Friends: Twenty-Eight

I was a hoe. No, I was worse than a hoe because I led my best-friend on and probably ruined our friendship forever. I lay in Alex's bed afraid to wake up and face the aftermath of my actions last night. Maybe if I kept my eyes shut long enough last night and the last few days would just be a really bad nightmare. But unfortunately life didn't work that way. Sighing underneath my breath, I reluctantly open my eyes.

I'm alone. Alex's side of the bed is empty. Confused, I crane my head in search of my phone and when I find it I check the time. It's only 8:30 in the morning. Where could Alex possibly be at this time? And just as If he knew when I was thinking about him, Alex appears in the doorway with two cups of coffee in his hands.
"Are you decent?" He teases and I pull the sheets over my head in response. I hear him laughing before I feel the sheet being plucked off my head. "I'm just messing with you." Alex sits on the edge of the bed hands me a foam cup.

I graciously accept and take my first sip."How much begging do I need to do for you to forget about last night?"

"It's already forgotten baby girl." Alex reassures me and I sigh relieved.

"I'm so sorry about last night Alex. I shouldn't have thrown myself at you like that."

"I get why you did it," Alex pauses to take a sip of his coffee. "You were upset and acted irrationally."

"Why are you being so understanding?"

"Because I know you. I know you wouldn't have acted so impulsively if you weren't so hurt."

"I don't deserve a friend like you." I hang my head low.

"Well tough, because you're stuck with me." Alex wraps an arm around me, pulling me close and I lean my head on his shoulder.

When I was done with my coffee, I pulled myself out of bed and got ready to go out and get breakfast with Alex.I shower, dress, and when I'm done fixing my hair I step back into the guest bedroom where I'm surprised to see Trey sitting on the bed.

I hated to admit how incredible he looked in his plain white tee, jeans, and gold Timberlands.

Crossing my arms against my chest I stare at him. "Where's Alex?"

"He stepped out."

Looking at him only fueled my anger. I didn't want to see him right now.

"You need to leave."

"We need to talk." He stood up from the bed.

"If me ignoring your calls and texts wasn't a strong enough clue- but that's me telling you that I don't want to talk to you."

"I miss you." He told me, ignoring what I just said and came closer to me. I didn't say anything because the truth was that I missed him too. But I wasn't gonna tell him that. "I know you miss me too." Trey said.

"Someone's being cocky." I found myself saying.

"It's not cocky. It's being confident remember?" Trey replied.

I couldn't help but smile. Trey sat next to me on the bed and I quickly stood up, not wanting to be that close to him. "Baby, I know I messed up. But you can't just give up on us that easily. I can't forget." Trey told me.

"Forget what?" I asked, confused.

"How much you mean to me." Trey told me. I sighed and Trey walked closer and stood behind me. He started to rub my shoulders and against my better judgement, I found myself relaxing against him and laying my head on his chest. "The first day we met." Trey said, continuing. "The first time I made you smile,the first time we kissed, the first time I told you I loved you, our wedding. The first time we made love." I turned to Trey and stared deeply into his eyes."Amina, I can't forget those things and I know you remember them." Trey told me.

"Trey." I whispered softly, tears threatening to fall down my face.

"I miss you. I miss your laugh, your smile, Amina I miss your body. I can show you how much I miss you you just have to let me."

I was so touched and overwhelmed by what Trey said that I kissed him passionately. Without hesitation Trey was kissing me back. The kiss quickly heated up as Trey picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. Without breaking the kiss, Trey brought me over to the bed and laid me down gently. I quickly broke the kiss only remove Trey's shirt. He quickly pulled it over his head. While kissing my neck, Trey hands traveled down to my jeans and unbutton and unzipped them. I did the same for him. Trey's hands softly caressed my body before he removed my shirt. The two of us didn't care that Alex was somewhere in the house, the both of us wanted each other at that moment more than we ever did. So quickly every other item of clothing was removed and we made love.

***

An hour later, Trey and I were fully dressed.

"Alex's gonna kill us." I told him, giggling

"He's never gonna know. We change the sheets and bedspreads." Trey said to me.

"I guess I better call him and tell him he can stop hiding ." I replied. Trey nodded his head in agreement.

I called Alex and moments later the door opened with Alex standing in the doorway.

"Are you guys okay now?" Alex wondered.

"Yes, everything's good." I told him smiling

"Prove it." Alex told me. I giggled but leaned in and kissed Trey sweetly.

"Thank you for helping me plan this." Trey replied.

"Yeah, thank you." I said smiling gratefully at him.

"Still wanna kill me?" Alex wondered.

I giggled. "No." I answered before I hugged him tightly. "Thank you." I thanked him again.

"No problem." Alex told me smiling, slightly. "You're my best-friend and that's my brother. Y'all both deserve to be happy."

"Okay, come on babe. Let's go home." Trey told me and entwined our fingers. The three of us walked downstairs. I thanked Alex one more time before Trey and I left.

"I love you." Trey said as soon as we climbed inside the car.

"I love you too." I told him. Trey smiled widely before he brought my hands to his lips and kissed it. I smiled at him and Trey took off.

------------------------------------------

702 - Can we get it together