Chapter 1

March, 2012

6:30am. The sound of my alarm clock and the smell of fresh toast woke me up of my dreams. The sun was shining on my sequined lantern and filled my room with colorful lights. I freed myself from my bed cover, took my black jeans and my Nirvana T-Shirt and put it on. When I was done I opened my door and crossed our hallway up to the bathroom. It was time for my morning routine. I brushed my teeth, cleaned my face and put some make up on. I was more an unassuming guy so I didn't need much time to get ready in the morning. After I cumbed my hair I took a hair band from a small box next to the washbasin and tied a ponytail. I looked into the mirror, gave myself a little smile and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning love!" my mother said while she put a plate with fresh toast on the table.

"Morning mum!" I said and kissed her on her cheek.
I took place at the table and started to eat. My mum pointed on the orange juice after I looked over to my empty cup. 'Yes please!' I answerd with a full mouth.

My mum was laughing when she openened the bottle. "How did you sleep tonight?" she asked me and filled my cup.

I hastily grabbed it and drank it all at ones "You know I sleep like a stone. Nothing can disturb me." I rolled my eyes and looked over to my mum "Exept my alarm clock."

She smiled, kissed my forhead and walked out of the room. I put my last piece of toast into my mouth and looked out of the window where I saw four girls and a woman on the pavement who waited for the traffic lights to switch.
One girl I noticed particularly. She was about 4 years old and the smallest from the girls. She wore black tights and a yellow coat with reflectors on the sleeves. She had blonde curly hair and a green backpack. In the right hand she had a green teddy bear with one red ear. I smirked on the floor. She reminded me of myself when I was four. I remember one day before my dad died. It was a rainy autumn day but I still wanted to go out. I always was one of these kids who is playing with her friends every day and who was crying when she had to go home. I was sitting at the window the whole day until my dad wanted me to come out with him. I put on my rubber boots and my coat and jumped into every puddle around our house. I took my dad's hand and we ran trough the rain until we were completely wet. I had never seen my dad so happy before. It was one of the best moments I shared with him. My dad was always one of the most important people in my live. He always made me laugh when I was sad and he was there when I needed his help. The relationship between him and my mum seemed to be so real and I was so thankfull to have them by my side. When I was seven my dad died because of a car accident. At a crossroad a van crashed my dad's car because he ignored the right of way. My mum and I waited for hours in the hospital in hope everything will get better. I was at an age where I already realized what happened and what it means for my live and that was a big problem. I became bad in school overnight and I neglected my friends. It was a hard time for me and my family. My mum tried to hide her sadness but I knew that she didn't feel the way she pretended to be.

The traffic lights turned into green and they crossed the street. I got up, took an apple and left the room. It was about half past seven, so I put on my jacket and grabbed my back.

"Mum it's time for school now!" I shouted so that she can hear me upstairs. I heard steps on the stairs and she came around the corner.

"Enjoy! See you later," she said and hugged me.

"I won't. It's school," I said laughing. 'See you later!'