Chapter 16

My heart was beating and I felt how my thorax moved up and down. Honestly I didn't really know why I was so angry at him. I didn't know him for such a long time but for some reasons he already meant much to me. His kind nature, his humor, the way his eyes flashed when he saw me, his perfect hair, his curles around the sleeve of his beanie and the way he made me feel being around him. It all didn't fit together with the boy who left into his house with a girl who wanted me to die as soon as possible.

I was still standing in front of him with clenched fists. My body wasn't able to move.

"Wait," Mike said and looked really confused, "You think Cindy and I...?"

"Well, it was obvious," I said and couldn't subordinate his reaction.

Before I could say that I would just like to leave he suddenly break out in a big laughter. Surprised about his action I took a step back and realexed my fists.

"I am sorry about that but between me and Cindy nothing happened," he said still laughing.

"I don't care if anything happened between you but I've never could imagine that you would hang around with this girl after you know what she did to me", I said and I hoped he didn't notice that I was lying again.

"I didn't hang around with her," Mike said and I hoped I didn't look that stupid when I was lying. "I know you don't believe me but I swear it's not what it looked like."

"Oh wow and now we are at the part it's not what it looks like," I said and made a mocking face, "Definitely not what I wanted."

 I knew that it didn't make any sense to stay but my body still didn't want to move and a part of me wanted to hear a logic explanation or at least the truth. Suddenly his face turned into a worried and sad one at the same time and now nothing made sense to me anymore.

"Come one," Mike said and stretched out his hand.

"What?" I said and sounded really weird.

"I will explain you everything but not here. Your ellbow also doesn't look good and inside we have sticking plasters," he said and gave me a little smile.

My view wanders to his big hand and I noticed the ring again but this time I could see the engraving. Peace.

"Please." His words came out so uncertain and scared that I wasn't even able to say no.

My hand touched his and without looking into his face I knew he was smiling. I wasn't.

My mind was full of thoughts and questions that I didn't realize I was standing in front of his house and he wanted me to come in. It was really pretty and not as big as it looked from the outside. After he closed the door we walked down the corridor and I noticed a lot of pictures on the walls. Most of them were family pictures but one was pretty eye-catching for me. It showed Mike when he was younger having a number on his T-Shirt. There wasn't anything special but for some reasons it didn't want to leave my head.

We ended up in the living room which was pretty huge. In the middle was a big seating accomodation like a big sofa and a few armchairs which stood in front of a chimney. On the right side was a big window front. The windowsill was equipped with a lot of blankets and pillows and actually looked really cozy.

"Here," Mike said and hold up a sticking plaster.

Our eyes met when he came towards me but I kept a straight face. He softly grabbed my arm and put the sticking plaster on it. Everything happened in silence what made me feel even more uncomfortable and tense.

"Thanks," I said and sounded pretty harsh, "So?"

 I turned towards him, crossed my arms and waited for an answer.

"Cindy rang at my door and wanted an excuse," Mike said.

"An excuse?" His words made me feel bewildered and relieved at the same time.

"Yes, she wanted me to apologize for my bad behaviour last time. I told her I won't and she started to raise her voice more and more so I finished the talk inside before my neighbours will argue with me too."

"That's all?" I asked and felt like and idiot.

"And she wanted me to give her money because I destroyed her expensive gucci shirt," Mike said in an ironical way.

My lips were closed but I suddenly needed to laugh.

"I am actually really sorry, I feel so stupid right now."

"No you don't need to rather I should because I actually gave her money," Mike said.

"Are you serious? How much?" I said and I started to feel guilty to give him everything back.

"Not much but thats not the point. Please, don't argue with me again. I can't handle it and I couldn't handle it even more to lose you," Mike said and looked so fragile looking into my face, "You mean so much to me and I wish I could describe and show you how much but I can't and you wouldn't understand it."

Suddenly Mike looked so small and even more helpless when a small tear streamed down his face.