Chapter 14

The next few days passed by very quick. I went on errands and decided to give my room a new look. The disposal of my furniture wasn't that great from the beginning and I thought I could brace myself up to change something, so I spent a whole evening cleaning and modifying it. On Monday I also got the perfect idea for Saras birthday present. When I walked to the centre I searched for some little things she could be happy about , so I bought a nice perfume and a fluffy pullover but the main present I got on the internet and I was glad that it finally arrived. Two tickets for a festival in Briston. It wasn't clear yet which artists will take part at it but it was pretty famous and because of the fact that Sara wanted to go to a festival for ages, gave me the thought that this was the most reasonable present I could get for her.

On Wednesday mum told me that she will meet with her siblings and I actually felt a bit bad to tell her she needed to go alone. Of course she was wondering why, but I didn't want her to mock me, so I just told her I planned going to the cinema with Sara. I really hate to lie to my mum but since she saw Mike in front of our house she was annoying me with all these questions about who he was and so on and that's why I didn't want to give her more reasons which allow her to have these special talks.

When mum left the house it was about 11 o'clock so I still had enough time to have breakfast and to get ready. It actually seemed to be really nice outside but for some reasons I was freezing, so I decided to stay in my comfortable sleeping clothes. Walking around the house I mentioned me leaving marks on the cold tilings because of my warm naked feets so I slipped into a pair of slippers next the wardrobe in the cordidor. My stomach growled when I was up to take a shower so I first decided to eat somehing.

The fridge wasn't that empty like I supposed it to be, but I hadn't really got the energy to do something special though. I took the basket out ot the shelf where mum kept the bread mostly and grabbed two pieces of it and put them into the toaster. I just wanted to get myself something to drink when the door bell suddenly rang. My face got a sudden mocking grin and I shaked my head. Mum often forgot things like her car keys or he purse when she planned something. Most of the time she was so busy with her toughts about all these little things which were sorrounding her in her everyday life that she turned off the obvious things. Expecting that mum was at the door I put back the glass I already took out of the cupboard and walked over to our door.

The fresh breeth and the person I just got confrontaded with in front of me, made me suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"Hi," the deep raspy voice said I heard on the phone the last time.

"Hi," I stuttered back and I hoped he wouldn't come up with the way I was dressed.
"Didn't you say 2 o'clock?"

 I knew he did but I didn't want to make the moment even more awkward than it already was.

"Yes you are right," Mike said and rubbed his neck while he tried to avoid my eyes.

It seemed like I was not the only person who didn't know how to handle all these stuff. It wasn't because of the fact that I looked like a real idiot but more because we both still had the last activity in our heads we absolved at the same place we were standing at the moment.

"I know this is a bit short-term but I just got the message that my cousin from Ireland will arrive soon and I need to catch him up at the airport," he said when his beautiful curles blew through his face while a short gust of wind came over our small front yard.

"Oh", was the only thing I utter.

I was actually a bit sad because I was happy that I'll be around him again after last time.

"I am so sorry," he said while he took a step towards me grabbing my hand. "I am normaly not one of these people who left people flat and I really feel bad doing it right now. Especially because it is you."

His dark green eyes glazed when he finally looked up and gave me a cold but nice shiver.

"Doesn't matter. Family takes priority and you didn't know it before so it's defenitely not your fault," I said and noticed a little smile on his face.

Even when he did that his dimples show off on his face and I had to overcome myself not to stare at them. Mike was still holding my hand and stroke it gentle when I gave him a smile back.

"I will call you later, alright?" he asked and ran the other hand through his hair. I nodded and for some reasons I felt how my heart beat faster than before.

"See you," he said quietly and slowly let go of my hand.

His eyes were suddenly on mine when he slowly turned his back on me and left our plot.
For a short time I still stood in the doorway being deep in my thoughts. Almost hypnotized and shivering I closed the door. Not because of another gust, rather because of one thought which literally tried to cling in my head.