Chapter 15

Back in my own four walls I went on with my settled sequence. After breakfast I took a long shower and tried to make my hair not to look like a completely mess. I also tidied up my new room and put on some fresh clothes I just bought some weeks ago. When I looked onto my phone and noticed that it just was half past 12, I decided to follow my mum.

Because of the fact that it was pretty early and that I had to take my mind off things, I just left the house and took a long walk over to my aunts house.

The streets weren't crowded at all and it was pretty quiet but every little breeze reminded my of Mike respectively of our talk. For some reason it was pretty weird. I didn't think it was because we just kissed the last time, more because we didn't now. Of course I knew we didn't know each other for a long time but it looked like that wasn't a problem the last time but this wasn't the main thought I had again and again. Sara often told my I was thinking too negative and pessimistic but there wasn't and still isn't anything that tells me if I am wrong or right before I will ensure it. I thought he really showed a little decency by coming around and apologizing personally but I had the weird feeling that the reason for his cancellation wasn't true. Maybe this was a reason for his different behavior.

After some minutes I turned right and already could see my mums car in the back of the street when I suddenly heard two familiar voices talk. I first tought it was just imagination but when I looked over to the other side of the street I saw them. Mike and Cindy. I couldn't believe my eyes and nearly wanted to shout over at them but the only thing I could think to do, was to hide behind two big dumpsters. Through a slit between them I tried to watch them and hoped they didn't notice me. They were both standing in front of a house and were talking. I guessed it was Mikes, because he wasn't wearing a jacket like Cindy and the fact that he stood in front of it only wearing socks supported my theory. I first thought they were arguing again but suddenly my heart stopped working. It seemed like everything happened in slomotion, Mike taking Cindys hand, Cindys broad smile and they both dissapearing in Mikes house. Too much for one day.

When I realized the coast was clear and that I could be sure none of them would see me I decided to go straight over to my aunts house. All the way long I couldn't think straight. Was this the reason why he just abandoned me? Was she the reason why he had to lie? My mood was suddenly much worse then it already was. Great.

The day with my family was still nice even if I had to strain myself not to burden me with this stuff. We had a great laugh and they were all so happy to see me when I surprisingly rang at the door. I was so glad that at least these few family members stayed at our side after we lost dad because I really enjoyed seeing my mum around them. She was happy and satisfied and it looked like she hadn't any troubles at all so it made me turn off my problems as well which was good for both of us. It was about six o clock when mum wanted to drive home. She wanted to take me with her but I told her I will meet with Sara in the park and that she didn't need to take me with her. He face gave me the feeling that she seemed to be a bit suspiciously first, maybe because I sounded really implausible as always when I tried to lie, but she let me go nevertheless.

I was really glad I had some time for myself while walking home but I actually needed someone to talk to, so I decided to call Sara. Now it wasn't like a real lie I regaled my mum with lately. I just wanted to type in Saras number when I suddenly crashed into someone and fell on the ground.

"Oh I am sorry! Are you okey?" someone said and before the person could reach out his hand I stood up because I knew who it was.

"'Serena?" Mike said and I wished I sat in my mums car.

I cleaned my clothes on the back, cleared my throat and tried to avoid to speek to him.

"Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?" His voice was so calm but still worried what made not talking to him even harder.

"Everything is alright. Need to go," I said and wanted to go on with calling Sara when he suddenly grapped my arm.

"No it's not, " he said and pointed to my ellbow which was bleeding.

Seemed like I grounded it on the pavement.

"No, it doesn't hurt," I said and tried to break free from him but he was too strong and his narrowed green eyes brought out that he noticed something was wrong.

"What is wrong with you? Are you mad at me?" I knew that lying wouldn't be really usefull because it was obvious that I was mad at him.

I didn't answer to his question and hoped he would just let me go.

"Is it because I abandoned you?" he asked and tried to keep eyecontact but I still looked onto the ground.

At least now he could tell me the truth.

"God Serena talk to me!" he said and raised his voice when it burst out of me.

"Oh come on I am not silly. I saw you guys going into your house some hours ago and please don't tell me it was your twin brother," I said and made some quotation marks into the air with my fingers like I was actually making fun. "At least you could have been honest. I would feel less irrelevant right now!"

I tried not to sound like I was jealous because it wasn't only that what made me feel bad. I couldn't stand people who were lying by which they hurt other people. Hurt me.