Chapter 9

I was sure she expeceted an answer but I just sat there and was deep in thoughts. I knew that Sara only wanted the best for me but I was still sceptical. On the question why I spend some time with him, I had a logical answer. I had no choice. Sara was the one who involved me in the whole thing but the only thing I hadn't an explanation for was the question, why I even cudgle my brain just because of a stranger? A stranger, who in actual fact, wasn't important for me. In actual fact.

"Come on," Sara said and hold my phone in front of my face. "Give yourself a jolt. There is nothing bad about hanging out with a nice guy just as normal friends."

Sara was right. Why not open up my horizonts. I took my phone and started typing.

"Did you send it?" Sara asked hopefully.

I looked onto my display and read what I typed in. "I can't do this," I said and wanted to delete the whole message when Sara suddenly took my phone and pressed the "Send" button.

"But I can."

"Sara!'"I shouted and made an angry face.

"No, shut up now. You're thinking to much about what could happen in the negative way all the time and it's like there is nothing positive at all! I know you have your own intention but please try to be a bit more brave sometimes. It's just a little message and you won't die even if you won't get a message back," Sara shouted back and became quietler.

My heart stopped for a minute. Did she meant that I was boring? I couldn't talk for a while so I just starred against the wall.

"But if you will be disappointed in the end, I will be the victim and you're allowed to do with me what you want," Sara said and put her hand on my shoulder.

I took a deep breath and looked into her eyes."Even if I will be disappointed it is not your fault and I can't change it then. Screw it! I don't want to argue with you just because of some words. Let's just pretend nothing happened and let's do something funny!'"

I turned off my notifications and put my phone under Sara's pillow.

It was already 2:00am when I fell into my bed. This day was one of these where I really aprreciate the fact that I have such a great friend I could do every piece of shit with. In a few days it was her birthday so I needed a great present for her and she only deserved the best but at the moment I hadn't got any ideas. So I decided to sleep. The twinkling stars on the ceiling of my room made me feel in trance more and more when I suddenly startled because of a vibration. For a short moment I felt paralyzed and tensed up when I finally realiezed where it came from.

"No way," I said to myself and pitched my blanket away.

I went over the cold laminat to my desk and saw my lighting up mobile. I noticed a little smile on my face, catched my phone and ran back to my bed. I typed in my code and the display said "One new message". It was obvious that the message was from Mike but I still didn't believe that. I opened the message and started to read. I was hundret per cent sure he wouldn't answer or at least write without any interest but I was wrong. All the exclamation marks gave me the feeling that he wanted to clarify something and the fact that he only wrote positive things like "Finally I got a message from you!", seems like he want to clarify that he is happy that I wrote him. Onto the question if it still makes sense to write him, from my first message, he also answered in a positive way. The only thing where I really realized that it was the right decision to write him was the cute, little emotie at the end of the message.
I was so relieved and so thankful at the same time that Sara is so honest. Without her I would still sit in my room, speculating about to send him a message or not. That's why I decided to to send her a message before I will answer Mike with only one word as the caption, "Thanks".