Chapter 8

The next day my mum waked me up with breakfast on bed. A huge tray with a glas of orange juice, two warm rolls and plat with fresh lunchmeat. The smell of fresh baked goods made me so hungry that I hastily started to eat. This was one feature of my mum. If anyone was sad in our family she tried to make them feel better.

The fact that I was the only one who was there for her when she needed somone, made me furious very often. I remember the time where the sister of my dad ,Laura, broke her leg because she slipped on a wet floor and my mum always helped her. She was solitary for many years so she was dependent on others. Mum often went grocery shopping for her or helped her with the househald but after the death of dad she wasn't really there to support or help my mum. She visited us a few times after the funeral but then the contact broke off and we didn't see her anymore or any other paternal relatives. When my mum came into my room after some time I drank my juice all at once and put the glass back on the tray because I was sure she wanted to take it with her.

"How are you today?" she asked and sat down next to me on my bed.

"I'm great," I said with elan to avoid that she was worried.

"That makes me happy," she said with a big smile on her face while she kissed my head.

When she got tup, she took the tray from my lap and walked out of the room. For a few minutes I just stared at the wall and notices the color difference between my wallpapers. The one side of the room seemed to be white and the other looked like a mix between ivory-colored and beige. When I finally woke up of the trance I remebered the little message of Mike. I jumped out of my bed and walked over to the the window. All I wanted was to free my mind.

The streets were deserted and I could see puddles everywhere. I opened it and was shocked about the fast cooling outside. Just a few metres away was Sara's window and I could see her lying on the bed. I knew that she wouldn't here me shouting so I turned around and searched for something to get her attention. The only useful thing I found was a pen on the floor, so I grabbed it and threw it against her window glass. I watched her reaction and really had to laugh because she nearly fell from the bed.

"Seriously? You could just call me the next time and tell me I should open the window," she said a bit angry.

I was sure my facial expression showed that this was actually a pretty good idea and that I couldn't understand why this wasn't my own thought.

"I'm sorry, " I said laughing and couldn't stop anymore.

"Seems like you fell better today," she said with a little smile and relaxed her stans. "Would you like to come over later. It's not a great day to be outside."

It really wasn't because the sky was overcasted and it already looked like it would rain in some minutes.

"Yes sure. I will take a shower first and then I will come," I said. "See you!"

I wanted to closed my window when Sara suddenly made a crazy gesticulation. "And then you can pick up you're pen from the garden!" she said lauging, closed the window and went downstairs.

I knocked on the door and hoped that someone would open as far as possible. The wind blew my hair in every direction when I looked into the face of Sara's mum.

"Hello Ms. Combe," I said and it looked like she was happy to see me.

"Hi love, come in. Nice to see you. How are you?" she said with her loving voice.

"I'm great!" I said when I took off my shoes.

"I'm glad to hear it. Sara is waiting for you in her room. You know where you find her."

I nodded and went upwards.
Sara's house was very similar to my own. The only thing which was completely different was the attic. I remember the last summer when her dad decided to convert it to his own empire. Now it was a big room with some armchairs and a lot of books where Sara and I often relaxed. Sara was sitting on her windowsill when I walked in.

"Whut's up?" she asked and came over to me.

We both hugged each other and sat down on her bed. Usually Sara and I kept long conversations when we were together but this time we just felt like listen to music, so she put a CD into the player and pressed start. We just sang along for a time and exchanged a few words until Sara took my phone. She wanted to to try my phone case on her phone when suddenly the pice of paper fell on her bed.

"What's that?" she asked but didn't get an answer from me. She unfolded it and needed a few seconds to understand what this is."Is this from-"  she started the sentence and was thinking of his name.

"Yes it is," I said and tried not to give this piece of paper too much attention.

"Why didn't you tell me about it? How cute is this!" she said and nearly fell from her bed again.

"Because I will never write or call him"' I said and tried to calm her down.

"Why? Where is your problem? Isn't it cute, I mean it really looks like he cares about you!" she said and looked at me with her empty face.

I was sure that she wouldn't understand my behaviour but I tried to explain it. "I'm sure he put this into my pocket before I acted like a wally and then he wasn't able to take it out anymore. He will certainly regret it now," I said and made a short break "And he's a stranger. Why should I even talk to somone I met on the street."

It looked like Sara still didn't understand it and I really hoped that this conversation won't end in something bad. I looked down on the floor when Sara took my hands and sat up straight.

"Love, you told me he went home with you, right? Why should he even walk you home when he thinks you're crazy. Every fluffy boy would trie to keep distance but he didn't. And the fact that you don't want to have contact to a stranger doesn't make sense because yesterday he was a stranger too and you decided to go for a walk with him. So please, don't tell me I am wrong."

I actually had sworn not to burden me me with this thing, but for some reasons Sara's words really made sense.