Chapter Nine

******************************************************

HEYS GUYS!!!!

Sorry, I usually do my little chat after the chapter but I'm being DIFFERENT!!!!!!

Yay, I'm different.

Anyways, I just want to say please read 'Rebecca' by CatOnTheMat and 'Pranking The Bad Boy' by XxForever_LovexX and Alice by TeghanIrwin!!!!! My friends off Wattpad and great writers!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise I will get Salmon to Salmon-Slap you.

NO ONE messes with Salmon.

Yeah, Salmon is people too.

That's all I wanted to say....so please continue...

******************************************************

--CHAPTER NINE--

I wake up still in a cuddly ball on the couch in front of the large screen. It's been turned off so there is nothing on it but my own reflection. But I can see the tributes faces on them, looking frightened and wishing that they can live long enough in this ugly game that we're being thrown into. Four faces are still on my mind: Little Rue from 11, Ashley and her partner from 4 and Cato from 2. I saw him in my dreams last night.

I had been in the Games, running in a large forest, trying to escape. My legs were moving fast, hurdling over fallen trees. My breaths were short and quick.

I was running away from him and he was trying to catch me. Cat and mouse. Cato was the cat.

I could hear his large footsteps as he caught up to me. He was like a blot of speed rushing rapidly towards me, an evil grin on his face. He was laughing and shouting that he was going to get me. A fearful shriek escaped my lips. He was getting too close.

Suddenly, a large tree snapped in two and fell in my pathway. I skidded to a stop and slid onto the ground before it nearly crushed me to death. This was an advantage Cato took. In one bound, he pounced onto me like a wild tiger. I was pinned to the ground, gasping in loss of breath and extreme terror. My heart was beating so fast that it burned.

"Say goodnight, 12." He snarled. He began to raise his machete high in the air and I couldn't even let out the tiniest yelp as he plunged it into my heart.

I had woken up in darkness screaming in my pillow. No phobia, fear or anxiety could have been worse than that nightmare.

After that, I fell back into a deep sleep with no disturbance of the Hunger Games or Cato. I was guessing that happened around 4:00 in the morning because it was still night-time when I had woken up, unless I was too disorientated to know. But now it must be close to breakfast, 7:00 I'm guessing. The sun shines on my face through the closed curtains covering the window.

I enter the dining car which is just next to the one I slept in. Effie and Peeta are sitting at the table, eating bacon and scrambled eggs with a little pastry in the side and orange juice to drink. Effie is wearing pink again. Her wig is a white-orange-pink colour that is styled into a curly bun. Her dress is very tight like a corset until it reaches her waist and it's a puffy tutu. Once again, she looks ridiculous. Peeta looks tired, dark violet rings circle his eyes. His hair has obviously been combed back and he's in jeans with a green polo shirt.

"Good morning," I mutter. I don't think they've heard me until Effie turns her head and smiles from ear to ear. Her wig wobbles on her head like ice cream on a cone that a child is shaking about. I'm worried what will happen if it falls off.

"Why, hello Primrose! Come and sit and have breakfast. The Capitol makes the finest scrambled eggs you could ever eat." Effie pats the seat next to her. The chair is soft and warm like someone has already sat in it. The scrumptious smell of the bacon starts to make me ravenous. I dig in.