Chapter 5

The weekend soon came, and voice messages as well as texts started to fill up.

"Hey, What's up? Let's hang out. Call me," His voice was repeatedly saying.

She got sick to the stomach of the vibration of her phone, so she decided to change her notification sound to the song, 'Bulletproof Love' by Pierce The Veil.

She absolutely hated the modern pop.
It was always either about sex, money, or love. Just like Luke, except the love part...

Anyways, she decided to go to the park, even though it was chilly outside.

She wore a large red jacket, black jeans,  and a black beanie. She was proud of how she dressed 'fashionably' and 'modern.'

She left to 'Tots R Us', which was the daycare she went to, while her mother was still around.

Her mother now spends her days as a business women, constantly on business trips out to the other side of the country, supporting the family, because Mia's father doesn't make enough money.

That was Mia's inspiration and motivation. She wanted to be exactly like her mother. A strong, independent women, supporting her family.

She arrived to the daycare, and walked to the back of the school, and sat on the small swing set, that was able to fit her.

The playground had changed since she was smaller.

It was re-painted, and had two large slides, monkey bars, a glider, and one of those climber things that were shaped like rocks.

Once again, her phone rang, and this time she was about to smash it against the faded grey rocks.

Luke wasn't about to give up just yet. He wanted to prove the world he could get any girl he wanted. Even the stubborn ones.

Not only that reason, but Luke was warned if he had another detention he would be expelled from school.

"I don't care. Like school is important to me," is what he had to say in front of the principal's face.

But deep down inside, he had to get his education, because he wanted to get as far away from his home as possible.

He was in town, about to grab a slice.

He once again dialed for Mia.

But this time, just as he heard the phone ringing on the other line, he heard 'Bulletproof Love' silently playing in the background.

"OH MY GOSH STOP CALLING ME!!!" A small, yet loud voice came soon after.

"Is that..?" He was questioning his sanity thinking he was crazy.

As he walked around the corner, to the daycare, he peeked around the building, to see Mia, steaming.

"Would you rather me meet you in person?" He asked.

She jumped, surprised to see his face.

"W-what are you doing here?" She stuttered.

"What are you doing in that tiny swing?"

"I have my reasons...."