Chapter 16

"You had one job!" Luke's father yelled at him, as he dropped the gun in complete shock.

What have I done?! He asked himself.

Mia's screams of horror was echoing through out the entire neighborhood. It turned black for her, as she passed out from shock.

"L-luke," Jamie called out. He was in pain, but made an effort to try to talk to Luke, to let him know it wasn't his fault.

"J-Jamie?!" He dropped to the ground to hold his dear friend.

"D-Don't blame yourself, okay?" He gave a weak smile, and felt Luke's tears fall on his cheek.

"Please don't go," He struggled to get the words out, as the lump in his throat was refusing himself to do so.

"I'm sorry," Jamie gave a couple small breaths, and Luke had a lifeless body in his arms. He squeezed him so tightly, it was a suprised he hadn't broken a bone or two.

"Please don't go!" He cried into Jamie's shoulder. Please don't go when I need you most.

•-•-•-•

"Mama! Look what I made!" Luke smiled at his mother, from ear to ear. He held up a painting that was from his grade school.

"That's great honey," His mother gave him a weak smile, and her nose was a light red, as she had been doing some type of drug that Luke was unknown of at his age.

"Amanda!" Luke jumped at the scream of his father, calling his mother.

"Go upstairs," His mother whispered in his ear.

That night Luke heard his mother's screams of horror. He never really knew what his father did to her, and frankly he doesn't want to now.

The next day was a blur. He remembered he was late, because his mother wasn't there to wake him up, or make him breakfast. If it was one thing he could choose to remember his mother by, was his mother's cooking. She wanted to be a professional chef, but unfortunately she had Luke, and was stuck with a murderer.

At grade school he brought an aura, and it was darker than the spring night sky.

I wonder if Mama's ever coming back... He was lost in his thoughts, when a kid bumped into him,"Watch where your going!"He screamed.

"I-I'm sorry, I just tripped and-" Before the random kid could finish his sentence, Luke grabbed him by the hair he had. He screamed in pain and all the other kids gathered to watched.

"Don't you ever touch me again," Luke kicked the innocent one in the stomach, as he went rolling to the other side of the group of kids.

"Luke!" One of the teachers finally got through the barrier of kids, and put Luke at the office.

Luke walked down, in an angry mood. He sat at on of the chairs, where another kid with shoulder length black hair was drawing on.

"What are you here for?" The kid asked.

"What's it matter?" Luke mumbled.

"I've seen you here around before, and I'm new. I got caught writing 'School Sucks' on the school doors this morning," He looked at the drawing he made, then at Luke,"Wanna be friends?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders, and was finally called into the office.

From that day foward, that kid would leave him alone. It annoyed him at times, but just decided to roll with it, because he didn't really have anyone else.

"Hey Luke?"

"Yeah Jamie?"

"You're my best friend," He smiled.

"You are too."

•-•-•-•

What am I going to with you? Luke thought, hugging him tighter. Through all the tears and hiding in Jamie's coat, Luke suddenly remembered Mia,and his father.

He'll kill her if I don't do anything fast. Luke dropped the lifeless body, and walked towards Mia.

He picked her up, princess style, and looked at her face. It was pale, and her hair was across her face. He gently brushed it aside, and smiled.

"I've always loved your hair, Mia Dove," He whispered.

"Luke," Her whisper suprised him, almost making him drop her.

"M-Mia," He replied.

"Look... out," Mia started to raise her hand, pointing at the black silouette aproching behind him.

Luke turned his head, and stood in fear, as his father snuck out from the shadows, "Just like your mother; Weak and only good for se-" Mia's foot kicked him in the jaw, making him step back a little.

"M-Mia!" Luke yelled.

"It's okay, just fight for Jamie," Mia grabbed his face, "for your mom," They stared into each others eyes.

"Okay," Resting his forehead on hers, and setting her down.

Luke found the gun he had dropped before, "Your getting a taste of your own medicine old man."

-----

A/N

OKAY I AM NOT DEAD!! HERE IS THE UPDATE I AM SO SORRY! THE NEXT UPDATE I SWEAR ON MY OWN LIFE SHALL BE NEXT WEEK

SMILE AND BE HAPPY AND YEA IT'S A SHORT CHAPTER BUT IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING

*okay update*

So I was working on the next chapter then my computer crashed and I lost all my progress(╥﹏╥) fml