10. The proof

Hey you! Yes you. I'm super super super excited that you're reading my story! If you'd like to make me do the moonwalk, vote and comment.

!!!PLEASE!!! Read this before listening the song: It's important that you press play AFTER you find (NOW the song!!!!) in the story. The song is Eat you alive by Limp Bizkit. Thanks :)

xxx

TillieMillie

****************************************************

Evelyn woke up. She was lying on the floor. Every muscle in her body was aching. No not aching. It felt like her muscles and her whole body was about to explode. Evelyn winced as she tried to sit up. As she finally managed to do so, the physical pain she felt was nothing compared to the waves of restlessness and fear that filled her mind like never before. What scared her most wast the familiarity. She had felt these exact feelings when she was a child. Just before she had thrown a violent tantrum, hit and kicked anyone near her. Or just before she had punched her hand through a wall or destroyed mirrors and windows. Her heart was beating so fast, that Evelyn thought it might jump through her chest.

Then something crossed her mind. A thought that calmed her.

"The forest will calm me down," she whispered.

Yes, she needed to get away from this town. Away from the people. Now. Not soon. Now.

She stood up and ignored the dizziness and everything her body was screaming at her. Quickly, she started to shove things she might need into her pack bag. Then she left the room and headed into the forest.

It is hard to describe what she felt when the fresh air filled her lungs and when the soothing sounds of the forest occupied her mind. We could never feel that, no matter how much we enjoy the outdoors. When a person is drowning or being strangled, the whole body is fighting to get air. And if the person is lucky, she or he will somehow manage to get to the surface or shove the strangler away. And when the person takes that first breath, the one her or his body has been fighting for, there is nothing else, just the euphoric feeling of happiness. That's what Evelyn was feeling. As if her whole body and mind had been fighting for air and was finally able to take the big first breath.

Evelyn didn't have any plans nor a map. She had never needed one. She had a skill that helped her move and survive in the nature. She never got lost. It was quite remarkable, actually. When she was 13, she had ran away and stayed in a forrest for 8 days, completely alone and with just the clothes she had on her. She knew how to find berries and leaves that were edible, how to hunt and fish. But most importantly, she new how to make fire without matches and a lighter. Being alone didn't bother her. Not when she was 13 and certainly not now.

Evelyn had walked about 15 miles before she stopped. She had found a great place to set up her camp. Though she was totally able to sleep under the open sky, she had packed her new tent. It was luxury and a thought of dry clothes made her smile. After she had gotten her tent ready and made a campfire, Evelyn took her medication. She hold the prescription bottle in her hands as she swallowed a pill. Oh, how she hated the orange color of the bottle. And how she loathed the shape, taste and color of the pills.

"Clearly, you're not doing your job," she mumbled and threw the bottle away. The bottle hit the ground and the lid opened. With a sigh, Evelyn started to pick the pills from the ground and put them back. She did not know that her every single move was being studied. She didn't know that someone had followed her all the way from the motel.

**********************************************

Shawn watched as Evelyn's body started to fight for the medicine again. She collapsed on the ground and started trembling. Slowly she crawled into her tent. This would be the worst she had felt, because there was almost nothing left of the medicine in her body. Shawn could smell that the acid was finally leaving her body. Though it was bit disturbing to see her petite body so weak and in such pain, he was excited to finally get the proof he needed. He was also curious to learn her real scent. Shawn heard how her moans quieted down. She was still breathing hard, but she was slowly falling into unconsciousness.

Shawn walked to her tent and stepped in. Though her eyes were still open, Evelyn was oblivious of his presence. Shawn sat down next her. He waited her to fall completely asleep. Then he leaned down so her cheek was touching his and smelled her.

"Hello labrador retriever," he chuckled. Her wolf scent was very subtle but it was there. Because she wasn't a full wolf, she smelled more like a puppy. Shawn found the scent adorable.

Evelyn twitched a little, because the very last bit of the medicine left her body. Then her scent changed again. Shawn's eyes widened. His heart skipped a beat and then started to beat like crazy. The world around him disappeared. All he could see, think and feel was her.

(NOW the song!!!!)

Then the animalistic part of him took over. Before Shawn could even realise, he sank his teeth into her neck. Evelyn's whole body started to shiver and she arched her bag. Though she was unconscious, her body was responding. Shawn stopped biting and as he watched his mark form on her skin he knew... she was his. Now. Always.