FAY: One

"Fuck," I mutter as I jump out of the car. The Alpha's mate, or The Ice Queen, as I call her, stands on the porch. She gives me a look. THE LOOK. I swear, no matter what I do, this woman will always find something to complain about. To Elise Cage, I represented everything that was wrong in the world.

"Mrs. Cage," I greet her and turn my eyes to the ground.

"Fay. Do you know what time it is?" she asks. Her voice is eerie and it sends shivers through my body.

I know it's nearly 10, but I don't reply.

"Your father might accept your behavior, but as long as you are under my watch, you will follow my rules. Do you understand?"

I nod.

"And what are the rules?" she asks.

"Modesty, honesty, and punctuality," I say. In my mind, I roll my eyes.

"You seem to have broken all the three in just three hours. Must be a record." She starts walking down the stairs. Soon she is standing right in front of me. Her ice-blue eyes bore into mine. I do my best to look submissive.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Cage," I say. "It won't happen again."

"I know it won't because I will make sure of it. I have decided that you will stay at our house until your father comes back. Oh, do not give that look."

I quickly look down. My heart is raising. How am I suppose to survive living under the same roof with this woman?

"But Mrs. Ca-"

"No buts. My decision is final. Now get inside and pack your things. And change your clothes."

With a deep sigh, I walk to the door. It's already unlocked. I guess she has been inside already. Mrs. Cage follows right behind me. Her high heels clatter against the hardwood floor and her Chanel number 5 fills the whole house. She follows me all the way to my room upstairs. Well, not exactly my room; she stands by the doorway.

I'm glad I cleaned my room in the morning. I take my duffle back from under my bed and start filling it with my "modest" clothes.

Mrs. Cage looks distracted for a moment and then she slightly nods.

"Hurry up, dear. I am expected at home," she sais.

I change into a blue dress. It's long enough to cover my knees and with a black cardigan, I can cover my bare shoulders. Now even this uptight skin police can't say a thing.

Mrs. Cage insists that I leave dad's car home, and drive with her instead. Her air-condition is way too cold for me, but I don't say anything. I just wrap my arms around my body and sit silently on the back seat. Their house is not that far away from ours. Only a couple minute drive. She doesn't say anything during the ride and I'm glad about it.

She parks her Audi next to another black car. I guess it's one of his sons'. I take a look at the house. It's a beautiful Victorian house built in 1876 by the Alpha's great grandfather. Every time I've been inside that house I've wanted out. It's weird how something that beautiful can be so suffocating.

A neatly paved pathway leads to the main doors. The pathway is surrounded by hundreds of flowers planted symmetrically. We are almost at the door when it opens. A tall figure steps out. Seth Cage. Alpha's eldest son. He's on the phone and barely pays us any attention as he walks by us.

"Seth, where on earth are you going? It's very late!" Mrs. Cage says.

"Dad sent me," he says and comes back to his mother. He gives her a kiss on the cheek. Then he gives me a polite smile and heads to his car.

"Philip!?" Mrs. Cage speaks out in such a voice that I can't help but chuckle.

"Poor alpha."