Wrecked

Playlist at the bottom:

"So you said your name was?" I snapped out of my reverie to see my "fiancé's" mom looking at me expectantly, "Molly, sorry, sometimes I zone out." She chuckled at me lightly, "you're an artist huh?"

I shook my head in amazement, "how did you know?" She took a sip of her tea, and I watch as the steam pours out in waves, mingling with the air. "I tend to zone out quite a bit as well, I think all of us artists do." I feel Calvin Klein's eyes boring into me from the side, but I think I'm doing a pretty damn good job at ignoring him. "I suppose so."

She smiled brightly at me, "do you paint?" This question took me by surprise, I didn't think she'd be so interested in me, I almost expected her to be snobbish.

Stop being stereotypical. Not all billionaires are jerks like Chase.

"I used to paint. I don't anymore." Tension filled the room from my statement, and I feel Calvin Klein boring holes in the side of my head.

"Oh!" She exclaimed hurriedly, "I almost forgot-since you're such a big fan, how about an opinion on my newest piece?" I'll be the first one to view her newest art piece! That's amazing!

I could barely keep my mind together, with the do-dads and what-nots spinning together in my head, "of course! I would love to!" I stutter out, practically radiating with joy.

She chuckled giddily, almost as if she was just as excited to show me as I was to view it, "oh good, I haven't been able to get another artist's opinion in a long while, at least, not any that I care for." She cares about my opinion?

She brought out the large painting, turning it to me at once. My breath immediately gets caught in my throat, this... This painting.

"Well? What do you think? I've been working on it for a good while now." I didn't even know how to reply. I know she does detailed work, almost real-life looking paintings, but this was on a whole different level.

"I-I hate it." Her smile dropped from her face, and her eyebrows furrowed, "alright... I wasn't expecting that."

I rush to correct my mistake, as Chase kicks me from below the table, "No! no! The detail is amazing, and the painting itself is marvelous... It's just..." This isn't really something I admit to a lot of people, because I know it'll kill my ego.

And I'll never hear the end of it from Calvin Klein. "I'm a pacifist. The painting aspect is marvelous." She exhales in relief, "oh. Thank goodness, I was afraid you didn't like it at all! But I completely understand." Chase was glaring holes through my soul, but I refuse to change my beliefs just to please his mom, even if the deal did depend on it. I never let anyone run over me, so I glare back at him while Sylvia had her back turned.

It's kind of strange to think of myself as a pacifist, one wouldn't think I was one at all with how much I swear. "Sorry, I didn't mean to..." She dismissed my apologizing, "it's like a breath of fresh air, don't apologize. It's nice to have constructive criticism. Money will banish that completely, so it's nice to hear the truth for once." I think I really like his mom. Even if I didn't like the painting.

The picture related brutality in the war, it truly is a masterpiece, just not my taste.

The rest of brunch goes pretty well, if you subtract Calvin Klein's eyes boring holes in my forehead the whole time.

It's almost as if he's waiting for a bullet to shoot out of his death glare, and hit the target, me.

Finally, I glare back at him, but I am confused when a smirk plays on his face. "So, mom, I invited you here for a reason. Lia and I are engaged."

She almost looks startled, and I internally cringe. Does he enjoy bringing others pain?

Yes. Yes he does.

You cruel, cruel bastard. I internally yell at him. Way to spring the topic on your dying mother.

A smile soon breaks out on her face, "I like her Chase. I must say, your taste has improved since the last girl." I am quite surprised by this. There was another girl? Was she here on the same terms as I am? Oh well, guess I'll never know.

She likes me, and she approves of our marriage? This woman keeps getting better and better. "Well, I aim to please mother." No you don't, you conniving asshole.

The brunch continues to go smoothly, and an hour later we say goodbye to his mother.

Before she leaves, she pulls me aside, "I am glad he finally found love. After Lily, I didn't think he'd ever really pick up his life again." My eyebrows furrow, who's Lily? Is that the last girl he "loved?"

"And Lily is?" Her eyes widened, "oh! How foolish of me, I've said too much already. I should have assumed he hadn't told you yet. He'll tell you eventually, I'm sure." And with that, she awkwardly stumbles out the door.

What the?

Chase Kelvin personally escorts me back to my room. His footsteps echo through the hallway, and I stare at his broad shoulders. He stops suddenly, coming close to my neck.

His breath sends prickles to my skin, and I internally curse at myself for reacting like this. I know he sees this, because a sinful smirk rises to his face. "Let me clear up this misconception I see happening. I do not care for you. At all. I aim to please my mother. Not you. You are as unimportant as the scum on my shoes. You're just here for the money, so I guess that makes us both a bitch to deal with. Stay out of my way."

Then in one swift movement, he's gone.

Tears form at my eyes, and I know his words shouldn't affect me as they are, but there's just something in his voice that tells me he meant every word he said. He really didn't give one shit about me, and he made it perfectly clear tonight.

^^^

Hey guys! So sorry for the late update:/

Anywho, today seems to be an update day for me as I have updated quite a bit of my other stories:)

So, to my wonderful reader @sienna99 whom wanted me to post a playlist (to be honest I've never posted a playlist, so I'm not sure how that works exactly) but here goes;

Cough syrup: Young the Giant//
Dollhouse: Melanie Martinez//
Adventure of a lifetime: Coldplay//
Hold me down: Halsey//
You're the One that I Want: Lo-Fang//
It's all in Vain: Wet//
This is Gospel: Panic! At the Disco
Soap: Melanie Martinez//
Young and Beautiful: Lana Del Ray//
Think: Kaleida//
Afterlife: Greyson Chance//
Ship to Wreck: Florence + The Machine//
Not My Type At All: Jacob Whitesides//
Tennis Court: Lorde//
Team: Lorde//
Good Wife: Mika//
Hallelujah: Rufus Wainwright//
It Pulls Me Under: Butterfly Boucher//
Rise up: Andra Day//
Roll Up Your Sleeves: Meg Mac//

That's it for the playlist, I may add some eventually.

Dollhouse and roll up your sleeves really reminds me of Molly, like so much. And you guys don't know it yet, but Molly has had a really rough life despite how tough she acts, she's actually really broken.

Good wife reminds me of Chase:)

I have big, big plans for this novel:)