"She Won't Die!"

"What happened?!" Her mum shouted as I paced down the hospital hallway.

"I don't know, she just collapsed!" I say as I chew my nails.

Its been twenty minutes since I got here with the ambulance and Avery hasn't moved one single bit. Injections got put into her and she hasn't responded to them which made me want to pull my hair out.

She has to pull through. I said she had to..

She has to.

I kept on pacing up and down the corridor and playing with my hair, my shirt or biting my nails. This is so frustrating that Avery is in the room right next to me and I can't even see her until they finished testing. I don't even know if she's awake yet. I don't even know if she's dead..

Avery's mum had to go someplace, and I suspected home because Josh wasn't with her. She said she will be back later on as I nodded to her statement. I replaced her spot on the seat thinking deeply for the next half hour.

I was interrupted by a nurse tapping my shoulder. I looked straight at her as she nods. I knew what that meant.

I literally ran to Avery's room and saw her there. She was like last week in the hospital. Still, multiple cords attached to her and pale.

This wasn't the Avery I like seeing.

I went to her beside and took her frail hand in mine as I stroked it lightly with my thumb. I looked at her hand then her face, just to make sure if she woke up, I would calm her down instead of her screaming again.

A nurse comes into the room and gives her another injection. That's probably 50 by now coutning from last weeks as well. Avery was really sick, and I'm now starting to doubt myself of her surviving. 

"Is she fine?" I asked the nurse as she hesistated.

"Well, we are not sure yet Mr Styles. We found traces of a drug inside her stomach which, in smaller terms, make the cancer go crazy. She was found to have internal bleeding. Right now she's stable but we have no idea what she will be like after..."

"Wait.. drug?" I say tilting my head.

"Yeah. Rohyphnol was found in her system which probably caused her to black out. I suspect you were at a party?" 

"Yes.."

"Well this drug is ingested in your body if someone has spiked a drink, whiched caused her blackout, but her internal bleeding was caused by the cancer"

James.

He spiked it.

I don't think anyone else would have the guts to.

He was pouring drink at the table and gave me one. I gave the spiked one to Avery...

Why didn't I drink it?!

"Oh" I say simply as the nurse continued.

"Yes. So we are going to run some simple tests again and we are going to try give her surgery tonight. She needs it cut out of her immediately otherwise..." 

She didn;t continue. I knew what it meant.

"Thanks" I mutter as she left the room. I held her hand again as I started to speak to her.

"I'm so sorry baby. I wish I took that drink instead of you. I knew James was a bad person. I let you down.."

"No you didn't Harry.." She mumbled weakly.

"Avery?"

"Hey.." She smiled.

"Hey"

"How long have I been in here?" Avery asked as I shrugged looking at the clock on the wall.