Chapter 32

Alisha's pov

"Green or red? ", Kelsey asked me holding up two dresses.

"Green, it looks good with your hair", Kelsey and I were at the mall trying to find a dress for get to wear on her date with Michael.

"Okay, be back in a sec.", she walked toward the dressing rooms. About two minutes later she came out wearing her normal clothes.

"Where's the dress?", I asked.

"It didn't look good. Ugh! We've been looking all day and haven't found anything! I give up, it's hopeless", Kelsey flopped down on a dressing room chair.

"Don't give up yet. Did Michael say where he was gonna take you?"

"No, he just told me to dress nice because he wanted to treat me", I saw that Kelsey had a faint smile on her face.

"Why don't we look at the little dress shop across from McDonald's? On highway 485? We could get something to eat then see if we could find anything", I suggested.

"Sounds good, I'm starving"
_______________________________________

We arrived at McDonald's about fifteen minutes later.

"Drive thru or dine in?", I asked.

"I really don't wanna get out the car.....", Kelsey tailed off.

"Drive thru it is. Do you know what you want?"

"Yeah", I pulled up to the drive thru and ordered for the both of us- well, the three of us. We paid and ate our food in the parking lot.

"Are you excited for your date?", I asked.

"I'm really excited. I wanna know what we're gonna do!"

"When is he taking you out?"

"Tomorrow night"

"Fun", we ate the rest of our food in silence. When we finished, i threw away the trash and started the car back up. I drove across the street to the little dress shop.

"Let's hope you find something"
_______________________________________

Kelsey's pov

Alisha and I walked into the dress shop to be welcomed by a little old lady.

"Hello girls, how can I help you today?"

I recognize her! She's the old lady from the restaurant! She must have noticed the light bulb go off in my head because she winked at me.

"We're looking for a cute, elegant dress for my friend. She has a date tomorrow", Alisha spoke for me. I was still in a state of shock.

"Come right this way, sweetheart", The old lady took my hand and led me to a few racks in the back of the store.

"I know it's not much but this is what I have in store. Were you looking for something in particular? ", the old lady asked me.

"Maybe something with lace? Like a little black dress"

"I have just the thing", she went to the opposite side of the rack and picked up a dress. It was beautiful! (On the top/side)

"The dressing rooms are back in the corner, go try it on", I did as the old lady told me and went to the dressing room. I slipped on the dress and immediately loved it. It looked perfect!

"Come on out and show us!", Alisha called out. I did as told and stepped out. I did a little twirl for them.

"I love it!", Alisha said. The old lady nodded in agreement.

"I'm gonna get this one", I smiled. I went back into the dressing room and handed Alisha the dress. I changed back into my normal clothes and went to the register.

"How much is it?", I asked the old lady. She just smiled at me and handed me a box. I have her a questioning look.

"It's on me, just make sure to read the note inside", the old lady smiled and shooed us out the store. I gave her a smile and said "thank you". Me and Alisha walked to the car and started driving back to her house.

"What's the note say?"

"I dunno, I'm about to find out", I opened the box and took out the scribbled on piece of paper.

Sweetheart, you looked absolutely beautiful in that dress. I'm sure Michael will love it on you. I can tell you and Michael will be very happy together. Michael has told me a lot about you, I think he's falling for you, sweetheart. I hope you two have a great time on your date. Take care of my boy, okay?
Love,
Granny