Chapter 39

Michaels POV

"My baby boy is having a baby boy!", my mother, Karen Clifford, cheered as she pinched my cheeks. 

"Mom!", I whined as I removed her hands fro my face. 

"I know, I know. It's not 'punk rock'", I laughed at her comment and made eye contact with Kelsey. 

"What are you looking- oooh. Is that your baby mama?"

"Mom! Don't call her that!", I sternly said.

"Then what is she? Your girlfriend? How'd you two meet?"

"Mother! Calm down with all the questions! Look, here she comes now. Try not to scare her", I smiled as Kelsey made her way towards us. 

"Hi, you must be Michaels mom, I'm Kelsey", Kelsey held her hand out to my mother but my mother hugged her instead. 

"We do hugs in the Clifford household. And yes, I am Michaels mother, it's nice to meet you", my mother smiled at her.

"It's nice to meet you too, Michael has told me wonderful things"

"So Kelsey, how did you meet my son?", my mother quirked an eyebrow and Kelsey looked at me for help. 

"Well, truth is-"

"We met at one of my shows a while ago. Turns out she's a big fan of the band and got soundcheck tickets. Once we met, we just clicked, ya know?". I looked at Kelsey and smiled nervously. There is no way I'm telling my mother that I hooked up with her at a bar and we ended up conceiving a child in the backseat of her car. 

"Oh, okay. I like you better than Michaels last girlfriend, she was horrid", my mom laughed and Kelsey laughed along with her as I gave them both evil eyes. 

"I don't mean to be rude but I need to introduce Michael to a few people, I hope to see you later!", Kelsey said as she took my arm and led me in the other direction. 

"Thank you for saving me", I leaned down and kissed her cheek. 

"No problem, I really do need to introduce you to some people though", Kelsey said nervously as we approached a group of guys who looked like a couple of 20-year old bodybuilders and an older looking fellow who stood above the rest of them. The older man turned towards me and I felt a chill run down my spine as his piercing brown eyes stared into mine. 

"So you must be the jackass who impregnated my daughter"