Chapter Three: Dingo-Ate-My-Baby Crazy

So, the amulet possesses some kind of angelic power. Interesting. Teleportation? Time travel?

Despite Patrick's warnings of wearing the amulet, I somehow couldn't resist but to put it back on. It began to burn instantly, frightening me.

And then something miraculous happened. My throbbing arm felt...fine. I removed the bandage with curiosity.

The cut was healed.

I stared at my smooth arm in awe. I'm never taking this amulet off again.

After cleaning up the barn, I got in my car and decided to finally change the oil. The roads slowly grew unrecognizable, and the amulet was hot again.

Uh oh.

I passed a sign.

WELCOME TO BROWARD COUNTY!

Broward County? That wasn't a county in Georgia. I drove for awhile in confusion, pulling over into a parking lot in front of a diner.

That's when I saw it again. The Impala. I went to confirm the license plate to be the one that I saw earlier. It was different, but still just as familiar.

CNK 80Q3

Curious, and with a bit of excitement as the glimmer of hope, the possibility, the idea of, could it be? enticed me inside. Besides, I was hungry for lunch. Although, it felt earlier in the day, like, morning, for some reason.

I stepped inside, instantly hearing conversation at a nearby table. The voices were familiar, so I listened. One was frustrated, the other casual.

"Hey. Tuesday. Pig in a poke."

"Would you listen to me, Dean? Because I am flipping out."

My heart raced. My eyes found the table that the two men were sitting at.

My god. They were so much hotter in person. The one and only Sam and Dean Winchester. I touched the amulet with my fingers with elation. I love this thing. Then, I noticed the same amulet around Dean's neck, so I tucked it inside my shirt.

"Are you boys ready?" a waitress said as she walked up to their table.

"He'll take the special, side of bacon, coffee, black, nothing for me, thanks," Sam said quickly, and, well...frustrated.

"You got it," the waitress replied.

Dean smirked. "Sammy, I get all tingly when you take control like that."

"Quit screwing around, Dean."

"Okay, okay, I'm listening. So, so you think that you're in some kind of a what again?"

"Time loop."

"Like Groundhog Day," Dean said. I found myself mouthing the same answer. Noticing I was still standing at the doorway, I hurried to find a seat.

"Yes, exactly like Groundhog Day," Sam replied.

Dean nodded. "Uh-huh."

"So you don't believe me."

"It's just a little crazy, I mean even for us crazy, you know, like, uh-"

"Dingo-ate-my-baby-crazy?"

"How'd you know I was going to say that?"

"Because you said it before, Dean, that's my whole point."

Doris, the waitress, returned with their order. "Coffee, black, and some hot sauce for the--whoops!" The hot sauce she was holding toppled over. "Crap." Sam caught the hot sauce in his hand and gave it back to Doris without looking.