Chapter Ten: I'm Calling Security!

"Wa-ho, this looks different," Peter said, lifting up a vial.  I turned around to see what he was holding.

"Oh, wow, you found it!"  I accepted Castiel's grace with glee.

He smirked, handing it over.  "So, now what?  How exactly do you give it to him?  Like, he's unconscious, right?"

"I think I'm just supposed to unscrew it and hold it up to his mouth?"  I shrugged.

For a moment, we were both silent.  Peter looked into my eyes with interest.  Finally, he spoke.

"I've gotta ask...what's it like to have heterochromia?" he said.

"I'm sorry?"  My brow furrowed.  "Heta-what?"

His placed his fingers on my temple, tracing around my right eye.  His fingers were gentle, and surprisingly soft.  It took me a moment to remember that it was a different color.

"You know, heterochromia.  Two different eye colors."  He dropped his hand to his side.

"Oh!  Right.  Yeah."  I touched my hand to where his fingers had been.  "It's...new."  I smiled.  "Long story.  Angel-stuff."

"Ah, interesting."  His eyes landed on my cheek, and I wondered if he was going to ask about the "tattoo" of swirls.  He only smirked, then looked down at the grace in my hand.  

-

We reached the hotel room via fire escape.  Castiel was still unconscious.

"An angel in a trenchcoat?" he asked.

"Yeah."  I climbed through the window, Peter behind me, and approached him on the bed.  "God, I hope this works."  I pulled his chin down, opening his mouth.  Next, I opened the vial and tipped it towards his mouth.  The blue-white fog swirled inside until none was left.

Castiel gasped; his eyes snapped open.

"Close your eyes and take cover!" I shouted to Peter.  We both did as I said.

Castiel stumbled to his feet, and a sharp ringing pierced the room.  I squeezed my eyes shut tighter and covered my ears.  There was a bright flash of light that I could see through my eyelids, and a gust of power was thrown from him in a full circle.  I felt a book hit the back of my head.  I was lightheaded for a few moments, but I did not pass out.

Once I decided that it was over, I sat up and looked at Cas.  He still emitted a little light, and I managed to see it before it went away, along with the shadows of what remained of his wings.

"Is he good?" Peter said, his voice muffled, since his face was buried into his thighs.

"Yeah," I said.  "You can look now."

Peter stood to his feet, staring at Cas.

"Thank you," Castiel said to me.

"Technically, Peter was the one that found it."  I pointed to Peter.

"Ah...heh..." he said awkwardly as Cas looked at him.

"Peter.  Parker?" Castiel asked.  Peter nodded.  "Thank you."

"Yeah, no problem."

"So," I said.  "How do you feel?"

"Like an angel," replied Cas.

"That's fantastic!"  I sat on the bed.  "So, now we..."

"What?" Peter asked.

"Thank you for your help, Peter, but we've got it from here," I said.