Chapter Eight: Stripper Pegasus

We carefully followed the Agents to another warehouse several blocks away.  I caught a glimpse of a man in black leather and sunglasses walk by a hole in the wall.  Neo.

Not caring anymore, I sprinted into the warehouse, Castiel on my heels.  Once we made it inside, I stopped.

"In this movie you can do practically anything if you believe you can, like this," I reached my hand out and wrapped my fingers around a gun that had suddenly appeared out of thin air.  "Not just angel mojo."

Castiel blinked, staring at his own hands.  A banana appeared.  He handed it to me.

"Is this for the minion?" I asked.  "You're a bit late with that." Cas shrugged.

I spotted Neo as he rounded a corner.

"Come on!" I told Cas, and began to run again.  I tucked the gun into my waistband and looked over my shoulder to see the Agents climb out of their car.  "Hurry!"

I created a brick wall behind us; hopefully that would slow the Agents down a little.  I heard them beating their fists against it, close to breaking through.

I ran up a random flight of stairs that Neo had ascended.  Once I reached the top, I leapt into the air until I was flying.  I had never flown before; not even in a plane.  It felt wonderful.

When I was flying, I could get around twice as fast.  I headed straight for Neo, who was slowly turning around...

He lifted his hand, and I fell to the floor.

"Who are you?" he asked.  I rubbed the back of my head.

"A girl who is trying to get home," I grunted.  I crawled toward him, reaching for his boot.  I tapped it, but the scenery didn't change.

What?

"Who are you?" Neo repeated.  I tapped his boot again, looking up at him in confusion, and now fear.

Maybe I needed to touch bare skin?  I ran my hand up his pants leg...

A gust of power was thrown against me, and I tumbled backwards.  "Who are you!?"

I stared at Neo's sunglass-covered eyes.  "I-I..." I could not speak; I was so frightened.  Castiel reached my side.

I heard a smash.  The Agents.  They were coming.

A phone started to ring.

Of course.

This was The Matrix.  The Matrix was a computer program hooked to the mind to fool humans into thinking they were in reality while machines fed on them for power.  Neo and a few other people, the only ones that were aware of this, entered and exited the Matrix through phones.

The real Neo was the bridge, not the computerized one.

Neo's attention was no longer on me; he was now staring down the three Agents that had just entered the area.

This was my opportunity.  I followed the ringing.  I found it quickly.

"Answer it," I told Cas.

"Why would I need--"

"Just DO IT!"

Cas picked up the phone and put it to his ear.  "Hel--"

I saw pixels as he was sucked into the phone.

"Come on come on come on," I whispered.  "Ring again."

Silence.

Of course, this was possible.  They needed to call the phone again from the other side, but by now they might have discovered that they aren't bringing out the person they wanted to.